How does everyone feel about this billboard duel? (Chistian and Atheist)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101202/ts_yblog_thelookout/atheists-slick-ad-campaigns-sometimes-meet-with-resistance

I have never know atheist to be so vengeful... I'm not surprised they have a bill board also just they they tried so hard to buck and dispute the Christian one. It's not unusual to see billboard from any religion they just typically don't 'argue' with each other.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I hate billboards, period. I especially hate seeing sacred topics on Billboards...but I'd like to do away with ALL billboards...I'm just saying
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sorry, not interested in reading your blog. The issue was covered quite completely the other day in here. The atheist billboard is not "an attack on Christians". The billboard is to let atheists who are feeling isolated and alone while surrounded with Christian dogma for a month that they are NOT alone and they don't have to feel isolated when surrounded by people throwing their religion at them. It's rather pathetic that a message as simple as that is still offensive to Christians - are they that weak in faith? As for other religions not "arguing"...apparently you missed this question, too.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It is an attack on Christmas- why in the world would an Atheist feel alone and isolated- aren't they as secure about their beliefs as you demand Christians to be- why aren't they considered weak in their lack of Faith (or however you want to put it) why do they need a billboard to make them feel better- I am confused by the logic.
    Either way- I think its means spirited for BOTH parties to ignore the true spirit of the season by acting like its some popularity contest or its up for a vote and resorting to "negative campaigns".
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• why in the world would an Atheist feel alone and isolated

Seriously? Why would someone who is not a Christian feel alone and isolated when surrounded by Christians who constantly push their faith on them and ASSume they are Christians too, just because they live in America? Well golly gee, why would someone from another country feel isolated when surrounded by people who ASSume they speak English? Why would someone who is gay feel isolated when surrounded by people who ASSume they are straight and want to hear gay jokes? Minorities often feel isolated and alone, sometimes more than others for different reasons. This particular minority is more likely to feel alienated at this particular time of year. Do you have problems with the suicide hotlines that advertise in December too because suggesting people might be more likely to be suicidal now is mean spirited?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How is putting up a billboard vengeful?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So you see the Atheist billboard as vengeful, but not the Christian ones attacking Atheists. Yeah, no bias there, lol.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• hahahahahah, I just read the blog. A competive market to grab up the non-religious? That one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Atheists don't make money off of Atheism. There's no 10% buy the preacher a fancy house tax (or the Pope a new diamond) tax on Atheism.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Feeling alone does not mean that they are weak in their atheism. They feel a lone because this time of year more and more people do assume you are christian and will talk to you about what church serves you should go to, more emails go outspreading the faith, and to top it all of the talk and emails normally turn into how those evil atheists are trying to take a way christmas and how we are ruining the country and many other things. We can not look at people and say hey their is another atheist. So yes it can get lonely. I am sorry you cannot see how some of these things can be isolating, and depending on the message sent out some times down right scary.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• and yes I used the wrong there. Sorry wisdom teeth coming in all I want to dois take an axe to my mouth and get them out right now.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2010