BIG PROTEST IN HOLLYWOOD GETTING VIOLENT

Proposition 8 passing has caused a big protest in Hollywood right now (10pm Pacific time), it has gotten violent but now it is peaceful. WHY???? Do we as American people where television and the internet give so much access to every horrible and trivial thing in this world- refuse to let the gay and lesbian community get married legally?  I find this sad and comical, the gay and lesbian community consists of our teachers, neighbors, TAXPAYERS!, fashion designers, actors, musicians, politicians and friends. How can it be that "WE" welcome them to be this important in our lives but "WE" can't be decent enough to let them get married?  I was happy we voted in an African American President, now I am sad that we can't let people be committed to the person they love because of  "our" discrimination.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• ANON 11:56 :SIGH: EVERY NOW AND THEN I READ A POST THAT IS INSIGHTFUL, HELPFUL, INFORMATIVE AND EVEN FUNNY..........YOUR POST ON THE OTHER HAND MAKES ME LITERALLY LAUGH, PEE MY PANTS AND THEN SAY TO MYSELF, WOW, YOU CALL LAWS RULE??? UH---DUH 13 YEAR OLDS GET MARRIED IN SOUTHERN STATES ALL THE TIME OH AND THE ONE THAT GOT ME MOST , (TRYING TO CATCH MY BREATH) WAS THE "GAME OF PERVERSION" OH MY GOSH, NEED I SAY MORE? NO WONDER YOU ARE ANONYMOUS, MUSTN'T LET FRIENDS KNOW YOUR ARE STUPID AND SHALLOW NOW. (shhhhhhh)
    Ugottahavefrnds

Answer by Ugottahavefrnds at 3:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i don't live in cali, so like someone said in a group post, my answer doesn't count and is unwanted. nevertheless, it won't always be a cali prop...didn't the measure pass, but fairly close to not? apparently as many who voted for it, there were almost as many who voted against. i'm guessing it was a fair count, fair vote..looks like the people spoke. as did in ark, with the adoption ban. it was very close, as well. i was disappointed here, also..our amendment not only bans gays from adopting/being foster parents, but also cohabitating straight couples. i just don't get it...once again, a single group got the shaft..the children who need families!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• theHairnazi, I care about your opinion, and yes, it does suck that every state has different propositions but I swear I am so sad. I am straight and I have taught my son to accept and love all people just like Jesus did. He now knows that his kindergarten teacher is gay and you know what he said? lol from the mouths of babes, he said "So .....I don't get it mom, is she bad for being gay, cause she is the most wonderful person I have ever known.........you know mom besides you". He is in 4th grade now. I LOVE THE FACT (PATTING MYSELF ON BACK) THAT I AM RAISING A BOY ALL BY MYSELF THAT LOVES ALL PEOPLE FOR HOW THEY TREAT HIM AND NOT FOR THEIR PERSONAL PREFERENCES. He does not like mean people,gang members, criminals, child molesters and drug addicts. lol I love him!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Gigi1969 your little one sounds like someone that could teach adults a lesson in life. Keep up the good work.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• WELL IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT HERE AND OUR RULES THEY SHOULD MOVE TO A COUNTRY WHERE THEY ARE HAPPY !! IF WE SAY YES WHAT IS NEXT 13 YEAR OLDS CAN GET MARRIED ????? WE NEED RULES TO GO BY EVERYTHING SHOULD NOT BE FREE TO DO ! MARRIAGE IS FROM GOD NOT THE STATE IF IT WAS FROM THE STATE THEN NO ONE WOULD BE MARRIED ! MOST GAY " COUPLES " DO NOT STAY TOGETHER ANYWAY IT'S ALL A GAME A PERVERSION SO I'M GLAD THEY BANNED IT !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Anon 2:56 I can see why you are anonymous you lost your mind!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ugottahavefrnds LMAO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    OOPs yea...I gotta pee

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Gigi1969... if you are teaching your son about how jesus loves all people you need to also teach him it's in the bible that being gay IS a sin...... you can't pick and choose things out of it.....

and it's true, marriage is from God not the state

BAN GAY MARRIAGE!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• "and it's true, marriage is from God not the state"

You're god does not dictate the laws of this country. It's called seperation of chuch and state. And do we need another reminder that marriage pre-dates Christianity?
    I was sad earlier today, but after talking to my best friend on the phone who was hiding a lump in his throat because California has decided that he is not worthy of the same rights as every other consenting adult citizen, now I'm just pissed. You self-righteous homophobes have crushed the hopes of so many wonderful people that just want rights an don't affect you in any way! Gay "couples" do not stay together!?! Anon, you are bat-sh*t crazy. Straight "couples" don't stay together! Do you have any actual statistics or are you just running with your gut feeling on that one?
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 5:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008