Something different...

I'm five months pregnant and I have a craving for eggs. But I want something different for breakfast then what I usually make which is. A chicken omelet or eggs, turkey bacon, potatoes, and grits. Any suggestions? I do not eat PORK!!

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 8:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• How about a breakfast burrito....you can add almost anything inside a tortilla shell:
    -scrambled eggs
    -cheese(any kind)
    -salsa(if you like salsa)
    -meats
    -veggies (-like peppers,onions, fried up or not)
    hope this helps??
    Nonie73

Answer by Nonie73 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I second the breakfast burrito idea and even though it isnt very "breakfasty" I have been known to eat leftover deviled eggs for breakfast the next day LOL. Also I hear poached eggs are very very good but they are very hard to master. If you have the time to figure that one out you may be pleased.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Change the ingredients in the omelette. Use different kinds of cheese and one or more of the following:, onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, turkey, beef. Do you like boiled eggs? What about a poached egg on an English muffin? Scrambled egg on a croissant? Breakfast casserole?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You can hard bold eggs (say 6 or more). Cut the shells real carefully in half not breaking them much (add some salt to the water in which you will be boiling them). Take all what's inside out of the shell, white and yolk with a teaspoon, cut into small pea-size pieces or smaller. Add butter, presoaked in water plain bread crumbs, salt and ground pepper, cut chieves, mix well alltogether. Butter plus the crumbs shall make the mix the consistency of a loose meatball. Pack it back into your half-egg shells with a spoon and a help of your hand, squize a bit, flip upside down onto a plate of dry bread crumbs. That should be it. Reheat on a frying pan just before serving. They're great alone. I've loved them since I was a kid.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I just love them poached, in a bowl with buttered toast torn and salt and pepper. Simple and comfy.
    Malapertinent

Answer by Malapertinent at 8:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Make an egg and cheese breakfast burrito! Or french toast!

Or make your own breakfast bowl. My husband makes them with a piece of toast at the bottom, grits come next, then chopped up turkey sausage, then scrambled eggs and then topped with shredded cheddar cheese!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Cheese eggs, boiled egg, deviled eggs (not really considered a breakfast item but I'd eat them for breakfast! lol)?

And uhoh at the pregnancy and egg gas you must have. lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Cheesey Eggs, vegetable omelet.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• try french toast - dip the bread in an egg mixture of cinnamon and a tiny bit of brown sugar, then put in frying pan until brown and top with powdered sugar - and you can scramble up the left over eggs and cook them - yummy!
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 12:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I scramble eggs together with some sauteed onions and mushrooms and add in spinach and tomato. Healthy and SUPER tasty!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010