What is the difference between all natural and organic?

The other day we went to the store to pick up some snacks for the kids. My 5y/o wanted cheese puffs so I went to the organic isle and picked up a bag that read ALL NATURAL. I bought them not thinking to look on the back for the ingredients, but when I did nothing said organic. That brought to my attention that they are not the same. Organic products have 70-100% organic ingredients and are listed and labeled as required by the FDA. But all natural -I dont get it???

shrugging

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Wait a day, Michele will have a bill for that too
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• All natural doesn't really mean much. Just that there are no synthetic substances, added color or artificial flavors.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Natural foods are not synthisized organic means it was just simply grown in raw shit, with no pesticides, chemical fertilizers etc.. Organic has a higher risk for food borne illnesses.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Natural are not necessarily organic. It can mean a lot of things, but generally natural is talking about whether it contains synthetic ingredients. Sometimes it also means hormone-free, but I only trust that if it specifically says it. Organic usually means it's it's grown without pesticides, and will often say 'certified organic' if all ingredients are organics. Occasionally you see products that say 99% organic or 70% organic, if most but not all ingredients are.

Difference Between Organic and Natural Food
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Thanx pam!
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• natural means that they are natural... no man made ingredients... organic means that they are not only "all natural" but also organic...
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The word natural is unregulated and utterly meaningless. Organic means that the producer has completed a rigorous certification process

Answer by rkoloms at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010