raw milk, arresting farmers, and LDS church,....any connection?

I've seen talk on this arresting of farmers for raw milk, and unkept livestock standards according to the USFDA regulations of a newly passed bill the past week.
Would this have anything to do with the gov't controlling the LDS church?
Will the ''heirloom'' seeds for planting from those pollinated years and years in advance have any kind of slight connection to those in the LDS Churches and if so will they need to change their belief system in with the new bill being made?

If people are controlled by planting their own seeds and having food growth, planting, and eating controlled will this effect the way we see our farms in the whole country? I see it's to the point where it won't be regulated much by hand and the staff to hire to see the quality of food will be eliminated due to this new bill, called the senate 510 bill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the Bill (s510) is a dangerous one; but the Gov't controlling the LDS chruch is news to me.

Heirloom seeds will be like "Tulipmania" was to Holland.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 8:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well the LDS church has this method of storage ahead for times of government control. It's a way to not be sabotaged completely, and it seems that the way to completely have gov't regulated sabotage would be like what the ...s510 bill just did this week. on Dec. 1st it was passed.
    now knowing that seeds that germinate with the repeated precourse of being pollinated naturally over many years, and plantings these seeds are more productive and easier to maintain,
    now that gov't s510 is introduced it will bolt out the maintained seed production by claiming small farms unnecessary because of high costs to run and will place less people to run it's farms for small farmers)) this means that the small farms will be less apt to have money for production and more seeds for people to buy .....
    I've just read this today, but it seems that the RAW MILK is going to be the target for being that they want to arrest farmers who sell raw
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• IMO it's a covert backdoor Land Grab. The Amish don't pay taxes. Jail them,right?

All this debt the Gov't is acquiring, needs collateral ie. Real Estate.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 9:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It's possible, anything is possible these days. It's all for the power
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Are you suggesting that this bill was passes so the government could put LDS in jail?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have family in Utah who are Mormons and they are all in favor of "raw milk", never mind that it is potentially a disease causing beverage. I have no idea what else they want to do but it seems to be their own little world of "survival" and it really has nothing to do with "givernment control",.....another conspiracy theory in my opinion.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you can control the food supply, you can control the people. IMO, this is anoother very slippery slope we are going down.

People drank raw milk for centuries. Both sets of my grandparents had their own milk cows and I grew up with raw milk..this was in the 70's and 80's too. Honestly, I would put more trust in the milk coming from my own cow in my own barn than I do the stuff in the stores. If you have concerns simply heat the milk!

OP, I hadn't thought about the LDS church, but I suspect this has the potential to affect a number of different faiths. Very interesting thought.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would put more trust in the milk coming from my own cow in my own barn than I do the stuff in the stores.

~I, too ~grew up drinking raw milk on my families farms. This bill is wrong on so many levels. A conspiracy theory based on LDS? Hadn't put much though into it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree, raw milk tastes much better than the homogenised stuff sold by the dairies. Unfortunately , it is also possibly infected with bovine tuberculosis which can be passed to people which is why all milk sold in most developed countries is compulsorily pasturised. The bill is aimed at improving the safety of the foof you eat by improving the inspection processes , prompted by the massive recalls of factory food products in recent years. It is absurd to claim it is intended to dispossess Mormons or drive small farmers out of business. The main threat to small farmers is corporate agriculture and government policies which favour it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Raw milk, whatever. When I was growing up, we had a cow that we milked and chickens that supplied eggs. We grew a garden, slaughtered hogs and year old cows to put in the freezer. We collected the cream from the milk and actually, occasionally, made butter. My mom even baked her own bread right here in good ole' NC. This isn't new. We have just become too soft and accustomed to the A&P.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010