I want to adopt!

I want to adopt a little girl so bad! I want a mixed race baby, and I dont care what race it is! I want a baby so bad and I cant have anymore children b/c of the kind of tubal I got. Ive had my tubes cut and burnt, so there is no way that I can have another natural child. I have 3 boys already and Im ready for a little girl. I couldnt stand to be a foster parent for very long b/c I would get too attached to the children they would bring to me and then have them take them away would just be devastating! I have a set of twin boys who are almost 4yrs old and would LOVE to have twin girls as well, if that were an option... How can I go about finding mothers that dont want their babies and would allow me to adopt them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Adoption

• Contact a reputable adoption agency in your area.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I live in a VERY small town and the next big city is HOURS away.... like I said b4 I have the twins so it will be hard for me to get there.... But Im going to try everything that I can.... I was adopted and thats why I got my tubes tied is b/c I knew that one day I would want another baby, and I wanted to adopt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Then contact the one in the big city. If it's really a big city then there should be more than one.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You can investigate private lawyers who specialize in adoptions. They would welcome a perspective adoptive parent who would consider a child of minority heritage. But don't discredit foster/adoption through the state. There are children who have had their parental rights terminated and are available for adoption. While fostering and then having a child be reunited with their biological family is bitter sweet (yay! the family is still intact and tears at letting go...), it can be rewarding beyond what you ever expected. And if you foster/adopt, if and when rights of the parents get terminated - you get the first option of adopting that child (if no relatives are available). Many parents have adopted this way. We did a private infant domestic adoption of a black child and it took less than six months total from start to finish. Our next will be a little girl through FC.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How can I go about finding mothers that dont want their babies and would allow me to adopt them??

Even though you are adopted yourself, before you adopt a child please educate yourself about adoption thoroughly. Few mothers who place their children for adoption "don't want" them. Adopting through foster care is the most ethical way to adopt, and it is inexpensive as well. If you want to adopt a child through an agency, first find the most ethical agency you can and educate yourself as to how to adopt as ethically as possible.

Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 11:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Southernroots~ My mother did not want me, I was nothing more than a hinderance to her life style of drugs and men. This she told to me herself when I made contact with her at the age of 16. I know there are mothers that do want their babies and are forced to give them up for different reasons and Im sorry if I offended. But there are alot of women who simply dont want the responsibility of a child!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I guess we will agree to disagree. I do not believe that there are many women who simply do not want the responsibility of raising their children. Women are drawn to placing children for adoption for many reasons, but, that is the best reason to relinquish a child for adoption. Unfortunately, from my experience, that is not why most moms relinquish.

Most of the moms I have met over the years wanted their babies, but were pressured to relinquish, lacking in support or resources to parent or simply ill-informed about adoption. How awful that your mother told you that she did not want you! But, if she was on drugs, that is a reason that makes sense to me to place a child for adoption.

You may or may not be aware, but, the competition for healthy infants in the U.S. is fierce. Just bump around some of the adoption groups here if you have any doubt that is true. It will help that you want to adopt a bi=racial child.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Adoptive parents are doing this "artificial twinning" where they adopt 2 babies of the same age that are not related to eachother. Kinda cool. GL!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• fingers crossedI just want to wish you luckgood luck

horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010