Tie-Dye?

Whenever I watch a show about fashion and tie-dye comes up, the fashion experts always roll their eyes and make gagging noises. I like tie-dye, I make tie-dyed items a lot and wear them too.
Do you think tie-dye is cool?
Do you think it's possible to wear tie-dye in a "fashionable" way?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 9:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Um...depends. I do not like tie dye for me. I think it is incredibly cute on some people especially little kids. For me I find it to loud. Some people it just suits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No and no. I have to agree with the experts on this one(which is rare).
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Eh I don't really like tie-dye. Not because it's "not cool" nowadays, I just don't like the way it looks. Especially on me.

My mom bought my daughter some tie-dye shorts and I think they are hideous, but I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings by telling her I think they're ugly as can be! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I like tie-dye too & i do wear it. I actually have some super cool tie-dye clothes of all kinds.

Fashion is like love....it's in the eye of the beholder. All of these "fashion experts" just have an opinion. They are not fashion gods. It shouldn't be up to them to tell the world what looks good & what doesn't. I'll never understand why people listen to these fashion folks as if they own the monopoly on what looks good. I really don't care what anyone in the fashion industry has to say about clothes. I personally think most of what "fashion experts" like, are all hideous. I'm not going to dress myself based on someone else's opinion. I'm going to wear what i like regardless of what anyone else thinks. Who cares what they say....they're opinions should not matter to you in the least. You make your own fashion!

YES, i do think tie-dye can be worn in a fashionable way....definitely...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• God no..it's an abomination to my fashion sensibilities, but it doesn't matter, I don't give a crap what the fashion experts say and neither should you! I have long hair that's considered outdated, I'm sure if I turned myself over to the fashion police they'd hack most of it off! Do your thang pretty Mama!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think tie-dye is cute on kids, but I'm pretty sure it's way out of style for adults. It's not something I would wear anyway, in style or not, because it's just not me.
    However, with that being said, I really don't follow fashion trends at all and I tend to think less of people who are constantly jumping from one fashion bandwagon to the next than the person who says to hell with it and wears tie-dye anyway :) I don't give a rip what other people wear as long as the important body parts are covered. If you like tie-dye, more power to you--wear it with pride!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You know what? Those same so-called "experts" will be singing praises to tie dye in a few years when some designer puts it in his/her spring fashion show. They'll be contradicting themselves left and right. And tons of sheep will rush into the stores and buy it all up and wear the heck out of it for a couple years until the next "new" thing comes around. It's all a scam to keep people in the stores. And we're so desperate for approval and so materialistic that we fall for it.

Wear what you like. Just make sure it's appropriate for your age, size, and outing.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 1:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• In the right setting tye dye is fine.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 12:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2010