Did you have your child's b- day at Chuck E. Cheese and if you did ... Did you open presents there or take them home. Did find it more ideal to buy into their deal or make up your own by bringing your own cake and decorations. Any tips advice??? Thanks

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 9:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I haven't.. but we have had our daughters at the bowling alley.. We took the cake & opened the presents there.. That is what a birthday party is all about.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did and we opened the gifts there we also bought the whole package, it was so easy and much more enjoyable that way. I was able to just go and have fun with the kids.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have been to parties at Chuck Es. What I find is that there is not that much interaction of the children. They tend to split and play games one or two together and it is not a group anymore. We usually open the presents there. But everyone is so eager to go play the games it is not as exciting as it is at a home party.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It depends on the child's age. For the young ones, I don't think its a great idea to open presents at the party....for a couple of reasons, 1) these parties are generally very short, like 1.5 hours or something, you don't want to kill all the time opening presents when you are paying good money for the kids to play, and 2) Young kids aren't always great about sitting and watching someone ELSE get all the goods, someone will end up unhappy.

I think opening gifts at a birthday party is ok at a home party with family and just a few kids, but to make 10+ kids sit around and watch another kid hit the jackpot is tough...and boring. If you're at a fun place I think letting the kids play is a better idea...enjoy the party....take the gifts home and let your child open them there....it also saves you the awkward responses to the gifts like, "I already have this!" and "I don't like this toy!" lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The Chuck echeeses out here doesn't allow you to bring outside food in. If you have a party they carry everything and it's in a package. I didn't think they were too bad. The cost of a party there was the same amount as doing your own cake and decorations, and food etc.
    We always opened presents there. It was fun for the gift givers to see the bday kids suprised face! And great for bday kid to tell everyone thank you in person. There is nothing wrong with teaching children to be supportive on another childs birthday.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My four year old has his there this past October. He LOVED it. We brought the cakes. My son had a joint party with another boy in his class that was turning five. Since thye had all the same friends....joint party it was. Could not have worked better. We did bring some items for adults to snack on - a deli tray. Called ahead of time and they said that was fine. Drinks we got there for the parents. They took our cakes and brought them out when it was time. Waited until we got home to open all the gifts. Our hosts that day were so excellent. They did the ticket blaster and the host gave my son a ton of extra tickets to spend at the prize shop area. We brought our on party favors. Lately I have not gone to any parties where they open the presents there. It is considered tacky in the social circles my son gets invited to (children of doctors, lawyers, professors). We had so many kids
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• (about 30) that they gave us a huge discount on the food for the children. We had coins galore left over and all the kids had just an amazing time. While we won't do it again....it was worth it. Plus since it was a joint party we split the costs. And the e-vite they send out is fantastic. I was able to keep up with all the replies. Kids ate cheap pizza and had some drinks. And my son met Chuck E. before the event because he was nervous at this fake mouse thing. All in all it was good. I did a lot of talking to the staff before hand of what we can do and what we cannot do.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My friend had a party there for their son and they did not open presents there but they did have all the other stuff. It was a lot of fun.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• WE did it once, we brought our own cake and opened presents there. I honestly woudl never do it again, that place is just to chaotic.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yes i did and everything that goes with a b-day party i brought with me
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010