How do you deal with tantruming kids?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Managing time.

This morning was a deaster, and I will not let it happen again. My head is pounding...

My daughter had a tantrum this morning and so did I. She wouldn't listen and I was rushing because of it...

We will get up extra early so she can dilly dally and when she ask me why? I will tell her because she does not do what she is suppose to do in the morning so she has to get up early, while the others sleep.... Remain calm...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I put them in the rocking chair in their room and before I leave tell them they can't come out until they feel better and shut the door behind me.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Time outs, singing you are my sunshine - it depends on why he's tantruming...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If we're at home, I just let my daughter have her tantrum. I'll walk out of the room while she lays on the floor and kicks and screams, I just make sure she's not near anything she can knock over on top of her and such. And if she continues to do it and also starts doing bad things like hitting or throwing things, she gets put in time-out and gets her TV time and treats taken away for the day.

If we're out in public, I usually just let her sit in the buggy and have her tantrum. Yes, people look at me like I'm a bad parent but I don't care what they think. I had a toddler and toddler's will throw their little fits for no reason at all.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just let her have it and try not to be in the same room so she doesn't have an audience. If it escalates to hitting or throwing or whatever, she goes to her room and I close the baby gate.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010