Telling Employer?

Do I have to tell my employer I'm pregnant even if there hired me while I was pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I started my new job as an NA, I told them AFTER I got hired - I kinda played the stupid card of - oh I forgot. I would def tel them because you don't want to be shady, unless you don't care (I told the gas station I was working at while I was finishing my classes, too). The care facility I work for has given me 'special' jobs to do for my last month because I proved to them I CAN do the job well, even bein prego. Plus, you might want to see what they offer for maternity, could be some good benefits. Good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you want maternity leave instead of just getting fired (lol I don't know if it really works that way), tell them. If they ask, tell them you didn't get a positive test until after you'd already started there. There's no way they can prove any different, so don't worry about your bosses firing you for lying to them.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well I've had problems carrying a baby. So i didn't tell my boss of the bat. When I went in for my 13 wk u/s I brought the picture in and told him i was pregnant. most boss' are not like mine so i don't know how your boss will react. My boss told me he can't wait to watch me get fat!! LOL
    GL
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2008