letting go of mamas boy

my fiances mom has been talking about me for a little less than a week now. When I leave the room or goout she comes and tells him to kick me out and don't let me drive his truck and that I'm only trying to control his life. He let me know just recently that she had bee secretly talking about me 2 him for about two months now and it'd just recently blew up outta control when she cursed at me and called me a bitch. So finally he told her leave or I'm selling the house and she all of a sudden became sorry and should of never said the things she said. I know its phony because just yesterday she looked at me rolled her eyes and walked away with no words. The entire time I've put it to her ignorance and said nothing. I've told my fiance its pretty much over he let's his family and friends disrespect me and when they apologize(fake) I'm supposed to pretend like evrythings ok and just 'be the bigger person' he should have never let it get this far. He says that if it happened to hin it wouldn't bother him, but I know he's lying because he was concerned whetjer my family liked him for months. Btw we live n a cramped bedroom becausse he gave his mother the master with such little room our babies crib will probaly have to sit in the hallway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• She needs to get out of your home.

Give her a date and tell her keep it movin......

As for your man, you are giving him a choice and telling him. This family or that, I don't think it is fair, but he has to step up to the plate and stand up for you and tell them. He will not tolerate them disrespecting you... That is his job and if he can't do it. Put that out there.
    Say it your self.

Good luck!!!! My son will be a mamma's boy, but I will be damn sure he respects his woman and if she is out of line, he has my self and 3 sisters to let her know he will not be treated like dirt, but I am sure he will choose wisely... I hope-good luck!!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• OOoooo I'd throw a shit fit and say how things were going to be to make you happy and let the dust settle where it's going to. I've had 3 mother in laws and they all f'ing pissed me off because they didn't want their son off their nipple. If you're really that pissed I seriously would just lay it out and I mean LAY IT OUT! You could certainly start off by trying to come to a sensible agreement but it would be on YOUR terms. If your guy can't stand up to his mom you'll never win. I had that situation with my husband years ago. I tried to deal with it, he wouldn't stand up to her, so I finally looked him in the face and said it's her or me buddy you choose. I was serious. Well she couldn't stand him telling her no, layed all kinds of guilt on him, but thankfully he respected our marriage more than his momma's guilt trips. We finally cut her out of our lives because she wouldn't stop. He could make that decision because
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• ....because it was the first time in his life he was free of her trying to control him, guilt him, put him in the middle of stupid drama all the time, etc.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• She needs to get out of your house... it isn't fair to you to be cramped, especially if your expecting... If some b*tch was in MY house, disrespecting me... she would be lucky she didn't get my foot up her ass haha and you need to tell your husband she has to go and tell him he is a grown man so he needs to start acting like it... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• WOW! First of all, yes, she does not need to be in your home at all! If anything she should be grateful that you/her son are providing her with a place to live! Second, if your man does not stand up for you now, he probably never will. What an awful situation to be in. I hope that it gets better for you~
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Every family is disfunctional, with that in mind take their apologies at face value the first time and then try using humor of the particular situation. If your partner owns the home and is paying the bills Mom is therefore a guest and should be in the guest room. Blessings.
    GrandmaShar

Answer by GrandmaShar at 10:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Dial 1-800-4HITMAN
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010