4 months and really bad back pain

hi im 4 months along and my back is hurting really bad and i dont know what i can do to ease the pain. does any one have any ideas to help??

firsttimemom444

Asked by firsttimemom444 at 2:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My cure for most pain is to use a heat pack, just make sure you don't put it on your belly or use it for too long. A warm (but not hot!) back might be nice, too, as it help displace some of the weight your body isn't used to carrying. I hope you feel better soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• MY CURE for my early back aches was a couple Tylenol PM and a heat pad....also try tucking a pillow between your legs to help keep your back strait while laying on your side - GOOD LUCK
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It really depends on what kind of pain you're having and where it is. You could prop up with pillows behind you and under your knees. Lie on the floor flat on your back with your knees bent and bring them toward your chest to stretch out your lower back. If it's ligament or tendon pain you almost have to stretch and take some Tylenol. Ice and heat works (no more than 20 minutes each at a time and go back and forth once an hour or two). If it feels tight have someone massage you a little. Let me know if this helps. I've had a bad back since I was about 16 and it got worse with both pregnancies. If I can help in any way private message me. Good luck.
    mommy_erin

Answer by mommy_erin at 2:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Heating pad works ...just dont keep it there for long periods of time , you can also take tyenol, i think tyenol pm works a little better than regular tyenol, so that that at night, make sure its okay for you to take the tyenol i know most prego women can,

Hopefully your feeling a little better,
    its all normal hon, its part of the pregnancy , but if your concerned about it...just ask your doctor, he or she wouldnt mind an easy question like that
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Seek out a chiropractor who specializes in pregnancy. It did wonders for me!!!

Use an ice pack instead of heat, because heat will inflame the muscles. Do not use longer than 20 minutes a time though.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• One word Chiropractor! Trust me they really help!
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yeah a chiropractor or get a pregnancy massage. Only use heating pads on places that is not touching your belly or your lower back. It's not good for the baby.
    Anonymous