CAT scan with oral contrast (asking here for more answers)

I had one yesterday. I have never been more sick to my stomach in my life. Is this normal after drinking that God awful contrast stuff? I mean I want to die from the stomach upset! Is this something you experienced if you have had one? Who makes up this nasty chalky tasting crap. Kill me now!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Bariums are nasty. If you are still throwing up and not feeling good, I would call your doc back and maybe he can givew you something for it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes it's normal because you are getting it out of your system and your body cannot stop remembering the taste. I gag whenever I think of it. I gag worse when I think of that crap we have to drink for a colonoscopy. But the contrast comes close second. Cherry flavored glue is what it tasted like.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Gag! This was like a foamy white frape' with a tang of lemon. Seriously the most vile crap on earth. My DH had a colonoscopy last month...that was bad too! I literally laid in bed and cried last night. I cannot believe how nauseated I felt, like I had been poisoned..couple that with the IV contrast, and I really think I was feeling poisoned!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Don't you think this belongs in the HEALTH section? I don't call this a "Just for Fun" post.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Didn't you READ the question duh?
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ugh, I've had to drink that a couple of times, I could never get it all down either, I'd vomit before I was finished, or start gagging while trying to swallow...they always got the scan done though, it didn't take as much of the contrast as they thought to see what was going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think they give you more than you need just for that reason. I don't think many people manage to get it all down...or keep it down!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Gosh! I sure hope you feel better and all turns out OK for you.

Talk about a colonoscopy and being anal ........see hint above me & OP! LOL

I'm down with OPP !!! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 10:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had to take the pills and that was hard too!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• There are pills?! Why didn't I get pills? Sheece!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010