Ever feel like an evil/bad parent?

Uck. Lack of sleep (x 2 weeks) + kids not listening lately+ kids getting clumsy spilling/breaking things + kids whining = a grouchy, snappy me yesterday & this AM. I hate feeling like this. I have GOT to get more sleep. But then how would everything get done?

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 10:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I feel exactly like you do at least once a week. It is very normal around here...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think almost every parent has felt this way. Do you have a friend or family member to help you?

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• sometimes you have to let some things just go to make a healthy mom
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Oh, yes, especially here lately. Kiddo won't nap anymore, and losing those two hours to clean, etc, is just killing me. Its catching up to both of us....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We all feel like that sometimes...I thiink it just means that we're good moms doing our best and that hard as we try to be...we're just not Superwoman! Give yourself a break! Maybe you can let the housework (or whatever won't send the universe into a downward spiral) wait and give yourself 10 or 15 min mental health break. You'll feel at least a little better, and that'll make you a better mom!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Christine0813, no, there really isn't anyone. My Dad does watch them about 2 hours, once/twice a week; but he never really parented well (my Mom & grandmother really raised us (both passed away)). My close friends are too far away, so it pretty much leaves DH & me. It's all good until I have these overwhelming moments of truly sucking as a parent.

It helps a lot to just know that I'm not alone. Thanks for letting me know, Mommies!
    Chocolatespring

Comment by Chocolatespring (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• if the house isn't spotless, it's not the end of the world.
    say to yourself, screw the dishes! and take the kidlets to the park. let them run out their energy.
    when you get back, you'll be in a better mood, and a better mind frame. do what works for you. hang in there, mamma!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 11:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Hugs. I don't have anyone either. So, do what you gotta do and worry about the rest later. One day at a time, and one thing at a time. IF you can sneak in a short nap, do it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yes i do, on days like that i usually put on a movie for them and try to sneak some sleep, or i make sure they are all safe in rooms and i sit in the shower with the bathroom door open.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i feel how u do at least twice a week between work and lack of sleep and a tatroming 3 year old or haveing to deal with what she did at day care that day i feel like pulling my hair out some days
    luv_baby

Answer by luv_baby at 9:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2010