do you get attacked for your beliefs?

Are you a Christian who gets attacked for your beliefs? I am personally tired of it. Just because I believe in Jesus and the Bible. I am called a bigot and a self rightous ass. Yes, I use the Bible as my guidance and if my Bible says that a man should not sleep with a man than that is what I believe. I am not going to attack people for it. But I am not going to vote to let these people marry. It is a sin in the eyes of Christ and one day these people will be judged accordingly by him. But I am not going to answer to God and say yes Lord I voted for these people to commit this sin. No you may not have a choice if you are gay but you have a choice not to act on it. Just as you have choices not to smoke, drink, commit murder, adultry. I am just tired of hearing people put me down for what I believe. I don't attack them for their beliefs.

jessicamelia83

Asked by jessicamelia83 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I get attacked, but Jesus was attacked and the servant isn't greater than the Master.
    I agree that we all have to answer for our own sins. I don't "attack" people for their sins, gay or otherwise. I won't tell people what they want to hear either, if it is contrary to God's Word.
    I can't agree that gay people are only hurting themselves. All sins are against God. I don't propose to force my views on anyone, to condemn anyone, but in everything a Christian is to judge a righteous judgement. I have to do my best to honor God in all my decisions. If we as Christians condone any one sin, we should examine ourselves.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Separation of Church and state
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes but, I'm not christian, I get attacked because i believe you have the right to think for yourself, and make your own choices in what you believe is right. & I get attacked on here for not being christian. I'm also tired of it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree that people should not attack you for your beliefs. I also agree in the idea that we must align ourselves with political canidates who are closest to our beliefs. What my problem is, why are Christians so obsessed with the sin that they cannot see the sinner? Jesus didn't come to save the righteous. We need to love the sinner. Not accept the sin, just love the person. It isn't as hard as some may think. It frustrates me to hear people tell me that if I love my gay friends that I am accepting thier lifestyle. I am NOT. I also think they shouldn't act upon it. But, God did give us free will, and while I may minister and coach..it ultimately isn't up to me. They have a walk of thier own, and a responsiblility of thier own to God.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You might be the only bible people ever read!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You do not have to apologize for feeling so strongly about the issue, but remember that there are many sins that people commit and God is going to judge us all. Are you as upset with your self when you lie(or whatever sin is common for you). I just feel that a lot of us judge when we ourselves need to make sure we are doing what we know is right so we get a spirit to help others more than to attack them. It may just be that it seems that Christians are attacking gay people. I actually am disgusted with child predators and adulterers and murderers. These sins are against God and men. Gay people really aren't hurtung anyone. As long as noone is pressuring my son to do anything he doesn't want to do, I believe they have to answer to God for this. I cannot judge them. I have my own "splaining" to do,lol.
    makeitlast4ever

Answer by makeitlast4ever at 3:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It's funny how you say that the bible gives you the right to judge homosexuals. I'm pretty sure it states explicitly that only God has that right. Of course, I have known many a religious person who takes bits and pieces of the bible and uses them to suit their own sense of morality, all the while completely forgetting the parts that don't quite jibe with their whole take on things.

What are you going to do when judgment day comes and YOU are held up before God for your sins, including the sin of placing yourself above God by the act of judging who has sinned and who has not? Do you really think you are without sin? I do believe it was Jesus who said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• continued---
    I love my gay family/friends, but I'm not going to vote for something that God disapproves of . If gays "deserve" the right to marriage, then every other sinner "deserves" the right to carry out their sins openly without rebuke or reproach. I believe in a separation of church and state, but I can never separate MY choices (read vote) from the Word of God. He rules my life, I can't go along with popular culture and vote for something that is an abomination to my Him.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• jespeach I never judged them. I said that was Gods job if you read what I wrote intstead of reading what you thought I wrote. I have always said that it is not my place to judge. I don't have to support the sin though. So if I voted on this then I would vote against it because it is wrong. Wonder why I wrote this question because people like you read into the situation way to much. I never placed myself above God. I know that I am not with out sin. I am human. That is why God is here. I guess you could say that about gays as well, but gays keep living the life of sin with they are a man laying with a man. But in the end that will be their problem not mine. But again I will not support the cause.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2008