Did Bloomberg Rip Obama For Waffling on His Support For Ground Zero Mosque?

(NY Post)- In a candid magazine interview, Mayor Bloomberg said President Obama should have hired better advisors and reiterated that he has no intention to run against him in 2012.

“The president, I think, needs some better advisors,” Bloomberg said in the December issue of GQ magazine. “He campaigns, ‘I’m going to do A,’ and then he doesn’t do it.”
Bloomberg has mostly shied away from publicly blasting Obama.

The mayor was not specific in his criticism and did not name any White House advisors by name.

As an example of Obama being ill-advised, Bloomberg said the Ground Zero mosque controversy over the summer was a perfect example.

“If you’re going to stand up for the mosque Friday night, you don’t walk away from it Saturday morning,” said Bloomberg, who supports plans to build a mosque and Islamic cultural center just two blocks from the World Trade Center site.

www. weaselzippers. us

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 10:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Later, Obama was quoted as saying,"well, I would have backed in on Saturday,but the batteries in my teleprompter were out,and I couldn't read it to keep backing it."
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• ha cbk.. funny. LOL..

bloomberg should be the last person talking about obama. the city is falling prey to violence, murder, rape and street muggings.. what the heck is he doing about it????

he needs to put his nose back in the issues at hand in NYC and stop butting in where his nose certainly does not belong.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• just one news story of many.... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/03/2010-12-03_ice_pick_thug_strikes_again_video_catches_bandit_menacing_women_in_stuyvesant_to.html

not only should they worry about robberies and muggings skyrocketting in new york city...

they should worry about the perverts on the trains harrassing women.

my friend told me today she tried to knock a man down after he fondled her butt by pushing into her and moaning in her ear..

dispicable perverts at work.. yeah bloomie .. get a handle on this and quit blabbering your mouth about what advice obama gets or not.. cause obviously you are in bad need of it.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• LOL! cbk

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• did svg make another ridiculous post just to Bitc$ about Obama? yes..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yeah, these questions aren't at ALL disingenuous.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• oh.. was this about obama.. or about the mosque.. LOLOLOL

here i thought it was about bloomies...

glad she asked the question.. gave me an opportunity to tell bloommug... to get a grip on crime in NYC before i returns back to the scary 80's.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Why not, everyone else is. I think Politicians on both sides are feeling pretty comfortable in doing it these days
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Perhaps he did. Rightfully so, Obama should have stood firm in his support instead of coming out the next day with "well, what I meant to say is..."

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010