happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• without even reading it (which i will do in a minute) i have always thought that cancer was "man made" or at least "man encouraged". I strongly believe that our lifestyles, pollution & our diet helps contribute to cancer in many different ways.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm with samurai_chica. It's too prevalent here in the US.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had breast cancer at 23. I grew up in a very eco friendly home, never took any medication growing up only natural remedies, ate an organic diet, was kept away from pollution growing up in the countryside on an organic farm and was a healthy weight. My cancer happened anyway. My body for some reason didn't work properly I know there was nothing I did to cause it and I wasn't exposed to anything daily that would cause it unless fresh air and healthy living causes it.

I do agree many do cause their own cancer and illnesses. Obesity, smoking, poor diet, too many medication and pollution just wreck a persons body. I think it is a little of both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Cancer is definately not genetic. The cells that are prone to contracting cancer are genetic, but cancer itself is not.
    Cancer is not neccisarily manmade either, although the chemicals we've put into everyday products haven't helped in the spread of cancer. Cancer is a group of cells that is contracted through numerous methods (none of which we have been able to pin point regardless of "Scientific Study". Which is basically someone BS'ing) and can happen to every single person out there. However, there are people who have cells that are more prone to contracting cancer then others. Which can be throughout a family or just one person within a family. It depends on the genetic line as to whether it is throughout the family or not. However, as stated, cancer itself is not genetic.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So many contributing factors, diet, environment, lifestyle...
    www.healingcancerfromtheinsideout.com
    Anonymous

• There has been a cure since 1939. If everyone is healthy and cancer free they don't make money.
    I have a friend with cancer, her meds are $8,000 without insurance. She is still waitng for the rx to be approved. In the meantime they are just treating her symtoms with more affordable medication. Really?!!! $8,000.
    Anonymous