How do I tell the difference between semen and fertile cervical mucus? adult content

I'm charting cervical mucus to look for fertility signs. I believe I'm in my fertile phase now because my cervix is soft, high and open but the semen and fertile mucus seems to look the same.

Is there a certain way to determine whether it's EWCM or semen?

Should I just assume that I'm fertile because of my cervical signs even though I can't chart my cervical fluid?

Thanks in advance....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Semen dries up quickly while cervical mucus does not.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• agree with miraclewaits....
    mrzmommiilebron

Answer by mrzmommiilebron at 3:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Semen comes from the man so check before you do it.
    Anonymous

• Anon....

It's still there the next morning. Semen can stay in the vaginal open, the uterus and at teh cervical open for up to 3 days. It's not as simple as "check before you do it" and it's not as if I can just stop having intercourse if I might be in my fertile phase.

And semen comes from the man? WHAT? That is so unbelievable...I never knew that! OMG...SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

Thanks everyone else!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010