Why do people get mad at the system or at the people who call social services?

If social services felt the need to take yor kids then you werent doing YOUR job as a parent. That is no-one's fault but YOUR OWN!!!
Social services aren't going to snatch kids away from their parents " Just to be mean."
Have you ever had your kids taken? why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• They're embarrassed. Think they're doing nothing wrong. Or just plainly devistated that they failed as a parent. Either way, it's hard for someone to lose a child, even if they weren't taking care of them. I've never had my kids taken away and have never had CPS called on me. I should see no reason why anyone would. However, I do feel that it is the right thing to do if I (or anyone) were neglecting their kids. Nobody is a PARENT just because they birthed a child. Nobody is a PARENT just because they feed a child. There is soo much more that goes into a parent then that. And if one can't provide for a child in every right way, then they shouldn't have their kids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• CPS doesn't take your children without merit, it just doesn't happen
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Thats not always the case. Sometimes someone reports people who haven't done anything and they themselves have just jumped to conclusions without bothering to look into it and get all the facts before pressing the panic button.

As such, as the parents who get called on and CPS decides everything is okay, I'd be upset at whoever called, as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• no havent, but i have called on many! I agree with you 100%! If you are dirty, neglectful, abusive, lazy, or jst plain horrible, then it is your damn fault they are taken!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well I meant when kids actually get taken away or a case is opened. I know people call for no reason and I would def be mad about that but I really meant when there is a problem and the parent try to play the blame game.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Because people don't want to admit they have a problem or that they were wrong.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• And no, I've never had CPS called on me, but I have called them on others.

• I've never had CPS called on me but I know for a fact that the social workers don't necessarily do it for the betterment of the child. I had a friend that worked for CPS and she said that these social workers only make about $25k a year and their jobs are always at risk so they sometimes "snatch" kids with little or no justification just so it looks like they are doing their job. Another thing, the other day some troll was on here and she wanted to call CPS on a poor couple because they raised domesticated rats to sell as pets. She went on an on and on and on about how they had diseases, etc. and wouldn't listen to any of us that were informing her otherwise. I myself have a pet rat and my kids and husband probably have more nasty's than my little Bessy. But anyhow, do you think that this poor couple deserve to have CPS snooping around in their lives just because of someone elses opinion? NOT!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My ex husband called CPS on me twice. Both times it was found to be "without merit" but because my ex claimed sexual abuse on my oldest, my husband had to go to the police station and take a lie detector test and my children had to go to a special dr (they had to give my daughter an "adult" exam - she's 8 years old and should NOT have had to go through that!). So - yeah, I got pissed at him for calling!

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How rude to say!

The system doesnt always mean justice, it has just as many flaws as it has human beings working for it. I havent had my kids taken away but I have heard situation where others had there kids taken b/c they got arrested for driving with an expired DL in Dekalbcounty GA. Since the kids had no where else to go and the parent had no family in state and was new to the area w/o friends to call, they took here kids, and made it difficult to get them back. I would never blame her for what had to happen, it was tramatic for her family and imo completely unnecessary.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010