Do you do your childrens hair?

I am so tired of seeing little boys and girls walking around with messy hair. As a parent you could atleast brush it and make your child look decent when you go out. I have done so many childrens hair and I know its not hard to get a child to sit there and get it done. My children are still young and know we don't leave the house til we do our hair. As for the oh its to hard to do there hair they wont sit still that is bull crap. It is easy to get a child to sit down I will tell my girls I am going to make you pretty like a princess and they sit still and do there hair. As for my boy he will ask me to put gel in the there hair. He is only two so it is nice that even he knows that you don't leave til your ready..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. I have brushed my sons hair into a boy style with a part from birth. Then, progressing to other styles as he aged.

When I worked at a daycare, mom's would bring me combs and elastics and hairspray so I could do their kids hair. I agree fully with you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I do, but it's still always a mess...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I am real picky about the hair too. But I disagree about it being easy. Sometimes my LO gives me a terrible fit. I have sat in the back and done her hair while my husband drives. She has long beautiful white-blonde curls. I have been tempted to cut it. I do it. It is not easy and not always pleasant.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I do brush her hair. But within a minute it goes crazy. It's curly and soft and refuses to do anything. And there is no way I'm using products on the hair of a toddler.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I do.....My 2 yr old hates her hair being done but I make her sit but she pulls it out before the end of the day. SHe had an fungus infection so her hair went from beutiful, thick and curly to thin and just not so pretty! Either way by the end of the day both girls are a mess just from playing. Her older sister is 6 then my son has short short hair!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The attemp is all that matters. Some mothers don't even do that and therefreaking lazy! What kind of example is being shown to your children if you can't even get them dressed or do there hair decent in the morning? I think children learn from the parents about personally appearence and how to take care of themselves. IF your child is wearing dirty clothes or if your child doesn't even look like the are bathe then that is bad parenting in my O
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Why the hell does it even matter to you how other parents deal with their kid's hair?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ballewal- With my girls hair no product is used just baby oil.. But my boy loves to copy his daddy so he gets gel and he has thick hair. .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Anon- Bad parenting teaching your children responsiblity at home starting with there appearance or cleaning up there room. Everything your child does now reflects on you, I just think its sad that parents don't take the time to do your childrens hair. BUt will get themselves ready.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It's when I see a mom uber fixed up and the kid has snot and eye booger and last nights food still crusted on. Bed hair, not "I fixed it and they pulled it down or played hard" hair...I am talking fuzzed out ion one side hair. Yet, mom is in perfect clothes, perfectly coiffed hair and stilettos. Those mom's need a reality check.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010