9 months and no teeth?

Is there really a specific time babies teethe? A coworker told me my DD is months behind because she doesn't yet have teeth. She will be 10 months on the 20th.

ModernMommie

Asked by ModernMommie at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's fine. My son got his 1st at 14 months and he's 9 now and right on track

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• sometimes she shows the "signs" of teething, but nothing. Was just wondering. Thank you for your response.
    ModernMommie

Comment by ModernMommie (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My oldest didn't get his first teeth til 2 days before turning 1 year old. While its not the average, its not a sign of a problem at this point. I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I've always heard that late teethers will lose their teeth at a later age. My son was nearly 7 before he lost his first tooth. My 6 year old on the other hand had his first 2 teeth at 7 months, and he's 6.5 y/o now and there's still no sign of a loose tooth.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I know a fews late teethers, no issues.

My son and I were early teethers, both had our first at 4 months. However, @ginger0104, He lost his first at 6..I was 9. LOL So, no truth to that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• And there is this situation....My son never got any of his permanant teeth..He is 15 now and still has his baby teeth,,well what hasent worn down to the gumline....He was borne wtih a genitic defect He will never have adult teeth....I found out when I took him for his first dental check-up and the a panerex x-ray....showing the lack of teeth...in fact I still have that x-ray.....it only happens to about 100 people out of the millions of us....

When he reaches puberty around 20-25....he will have to have a full set of titanum screws placed in his mouth and the caps on top...
    witchymomslove

Answer by witchymomslove at 11:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Every baby is different. It's from what I hear heardity in most cases. So, I started teething when I was really young, and my son, started teething when he was real young.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• DD will be one on the 18th and she still toothless. Some babies are just later than others. I was 14 mos before I got a tooth.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010