How many ways are there to Heaven? What is the way? Are you interested in going to Heaven?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All roads do not lead to heaven just not all roads lead to Chicago. Narrow is the road that leads to heaven and wide is the path to distruction. Wouldn't it be wonderful if just "being a good person" was all it took as most people are good. We are not saved by works but by grace and because of Jesus's love for us we are compelled to do good. I challenge anyone who is reading this who struggles with whether there is a God or not to seek him and pray a simple prayer God if you are real show yourself to me. Give me a sign. Then open your eyes and your heart and see for yourself. You can't make it across the country without signs along the way and sometimes we need signs that we are on the right spiritual road too.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• John 14:6

Answer by Snewo 6 minutes ago

^^This! I was going to post the exact same verses, except, I would have capitalized the words THE and NO ONE.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Only one heaven - only one way to it - Christ.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Right now, I'm just interested in being kind & compassionate. I'm not worried about what happens when i die. I will find out on that day. But, until then, I am going to do my meditations & continue on my path of love & compassion. I'm interested in the NOW.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What I believe "Heaven" to be is a place we will all ascend to one day, it's not something you have to find or look for, it's an inevitability...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• John 14:6

^^^
    It is not through works, for we are all sinners, but if we believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and turn from sin, we will be saved :)

kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• As for my beliefs there is only one way and that is having a personal relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ.

There are so many different beliefs and religions that there very well may be 100,000 ways...lol

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't meditate to anyone. Mediation is not necessarily prayer (even prayer can be a form a meditation to some). Mediation is about awareness. It's about cessation of thought (or trying to focus intently depending on methods) to clear the mind in order to find answers for yourself or in some cases it's about finding peace and acceptance that we don't always have the answers.

The word meditation, is derived from two Latin words : meditari (to think, to dwell upon, to exercise the mind) and mederi (to heal). Its Sanskrit derivation 'medha' means wisdom.

I'm not sure what you mean by scale, but ideas of love and compassion are generally universal, and many religions support these ideas. For me, it's mostly about the Four Immeasurables in Buddhism, but I take moral lessons from many religious and non-religious ideas. I'll add a link below. I'm almost out of space.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• God will give me the details when I get there. For now I believe loving my neighbor as I love myself is a good place to start. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010