If you had proof that someone was cheating on their spouse...

and the spouse asked you about it would you had over the proof? I have a friend that cheated on his wife and even brought his girlfriend around me and now she called and asked me about it. I have pictures and e-mails that he left here by accident. Should I hand them over to her or just stay out? I personally want to stay out of it because I have my kids to think about and plus I have enough drama in my life. But as a woman I would want to know if my spouse was cheating me and and I would want the proof if someone had it. So I'm in limbo right now.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Send it to her anonymously. She deserves to know but at this point you may open a huge can of shit for yourself because she may turn around and say "oh...you knew about it! why didn't you tell me sooner? blah, blah, blah..."
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Send her the info! I know that I would have been very grateful if someone would have given me the heads up on the fact that my husband was sticking his dick in some nasty cum dumpsters snatch and coming home and trying to give me her diseases. Instead, his family and friends covered for him. They even knew about his second cell phone and would call him on it to warn him that I was looking for him when he was with her. GIVE THE POOR WOMEN THE INFO! Especially if she's not that good a friend, you really have nothing to lose.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• As much as I would want to tell her, I would just stay out of it. It's been my experience that it never ends well for the friend who thought she was doing the right thing by telling what she knows... Plus, in general I think that if someone wants to know the truth about whether or not their spouse is cheating they don't have to look too hard to find it. GL!
    MomOnTheRun11

Answer by MomOnTheRun11 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would tell her. If he is cheating he is putting his wife at risk for STD's. The wife may not believe you but if she is sniffing around asking she already knows just needs proof so she can not feel crazy. I would give the proof so she can move on and have a real life without the loser if that is what she chooses.

Anonymous

• part of me wants to say "stay away from the drama mamma" but if i had proof, i would send it anonomysly (sp), I don't think its fair that they are getting you involved. But it's your call....good luck with this
    HELP767

Answer by HELP767 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• When I was in a similar situation I did tell the wife. I showed her the proof and gave her what I had. As a friend I don't believe I could have done anything else. She of course didn't believe me, said I fabricated the proof and stopped speaking to me. Even after she found her own proof and knew I wasn't making things up, she still won't talk to me. Would I do it all again? Yep. In my opinion, it's always better to loose a friend for the truth than it is to keep one only because you keep things secret...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just because you give her the proof doesn't mean you have to be involved. That just means you are handing over what you know and giving her the information that you know. Period. Let her know that, that's as far as you want to be involved, because it isn't really your business. But yes, I think you should be honest with her and give her the proof that you have.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If the tables were turned I would want someone to let me know-especially like others have stated, since she is being cheated on she is at a risk for STD's Since you don't like drama and don't want to be involved just send it anonymously and be done with it, she can believe it if she wants or she doesn't have to but either way you don't have to be involved in the fall out.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Finid a way to forward them to him and him not know it was you.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I like the idea of sending the information to his wife anonymously! She deseves to know. What she does with the information is her call. I would definately want to know!!!!
    sdarby

Answer by sdarby at 1:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010