Is your house clean? Would you be embarrassed (REALLY MORTIFIED) If someone came to your house right now?

If yes, WHY? Why do you allow your kids to live in filth? The reason I am asking this is b/c I know someone who lives so very nasty, roaches everywhere, trash, old food, dirty clothes everywhere and a 6 month old crawling through that mess and a 2 yo. It was so bad the local rent-a - center called social services on them and THEY got mad saying it was no-one elses business. UGH
CLEAN YOUR HOUSE
TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!
YOU ARE ALL THEY HAVE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• There's no excuse to someone's house being like that! There's a difference between a house being tottally unsanitary and a house that is lived in with kids. It just really irks me when people make thier children live in somethinig like that.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My house is clean, but I would be mortified if someone came over and toys are all over the floor, but thats not filth its every day mess that get cleaned up throughout the day.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't have roaches in my house, and there isn't trash everywhere, but my house gets pretty trashed with four kids running around here. I'll clean one mess just to walk into another. One meal fills up both sinks. There is always a massive clean laundry pile that is getting folded and refilled daily. And space is limited. I'm always embarassed of my home because it's small and it messes easily. If I spent all day cleaning I'd never spend time with my kids. The do however clean their own rooms and the basics are done every day. So if it's not the picture of Better Homes and Gardens, or Martha Stewarts Living, my deepest apologies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well damn! my house can be messy without being FILTHY. so before you go lashing out because one slob had her house checked out think before you speak. and because someone's house is "messy" doesnt' mean they aren't taking care of their kids. infact, it could mean the opposite! they're so busy taking care of their kids they don't have time to scrub every nook and cranny in the house! and if someone came over no i would not be mortified. my dishes need washed and toys need picked up other than that it's fine. i just cleaned everything yesterday.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Nope...the housekeeper is here as we speak.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My house is messy, but, not nasty. I have a teen, no babies. Yes, I would be not wanting anyone in my house, but, so what?

Now conversely, if I had young ones, I would care more. So, meh.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Not mortified. If someone comes to look at my house instead of visiting with me then it's on them!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Nope they could come on over a couple of toys scattered around is all. know what your saying though I too know somebody like this .
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 11:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• nah its clean. just some clean laundry on the bed that needs to be folded.... whenever.....
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm behind on dusting and things like that, but the trash is always taken out, the dishes are always done, the laundry is always caught up, never any roaches or anything like that. I think there's more gray area than you're recognizing here. I wouldn't want people to come to my house in the state it's in, but it's hard to have the time, between school, work, and being a wife and mom, to worry about all the detailed cleaning. I'm doing the FlyLady thing, and that's definitely helping, but it's still not there yet.
    I'm more concerned with taking care of my kids than having an immaculate shelving unit.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010