Is walking next?

My almost 10 month old DD has gotten to the point where she can stand herself up in the middle of the floor. She puts her hands up in the air and to me it sounds like shes saying "yay".

Is walking the next step in her journey?

ModernMommie

Asked by ModernMommie at 11:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL...my son could do that at 9 months. He walked at 14 months. So, yes, but, who knows how long it will be. Haha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my 10 month old is doing the same thing :) she started by pulling herself up and "cruising" from the coffee table to the couch, and she has even taken two steps by herself without holding onto anything. im positive she will be walking by her first birthday in january. she's very close!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It could be the next thing! My daughter started doing that around 10 months or so and she started walking at 14 months!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Very well could be.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• TY all, Still got the new mama jitters even after all this time.
    ModernMommie

Comment by ModernMommie (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yep!! :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I believe so. My son is 13 months and he's been doing that for about a month. She will be not only standing up on to future but getting more comfortable walking around the future, holding on to it and walking but also letting go the fuinture and balancing on their own, I keep practicing walking with him but he's doing everything on his own time table.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my son was doing that at 10 months old and I was hoping that he would start walking on his 1st birthday and he did
    Babygirl121307

Answer by Babygirl121307 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yay Congrats! That's exciting.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010