I'm asking the parent cordinator at our school about helping get this program started at our school!!! Is this program right for your childs school? Please read!!

Blessings in a back pack is a program that gives a back pack of food to each child at school full of food for the weekend.(children in low income households, free or reduced lunch) WOW!!!!!!! I think that's great cause some children might only have one meal a day if not less. Please check out their web site at         http://www.blessingsinabackpackim.org/lesbians
Then take the information to our childs school and see if you can get it started there. I have also helped get a recycling program started at our school. I love children and am always looking for programs that can help our children be successful!!!! Bump if you think it's a good idea.

suelo74

Asked by suelo74 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, it's offered at our school, and also at a nondenominational Christian camp where my kids play basketball - they take the filled backpacks everyone brings to a local school.

Answer by missanc at 11:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• they offer something very similar around here.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think that charity is always a great idea and also getting children invovled and teaching them the gift of giving is a grand idea. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• That sounds pretty awesome! I think every school could probably use a program like that.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I will talk two the to schools my children attend and see if we can do this thank you
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 6:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sounds like a good plan.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good luck
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don;t know if they offer that here, but that is a great idea.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Honestly, schools do too much already. That should be at the dept of human services, not at the schools.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• *dept of health services? idk, but not the school
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010