What Christmas Charity will you support

What Charity will you or you and or family support this Christmas?
I got married very young and had a baby. We were so poor starting out we lived off of eggs 89 cents a dozen (omlets), top roman.o8 cent a pack, and bananas! We have come a long way in 11 years. In the past several years we have tried t give to those less forunate, and teach teach our children the same. I beleive everything I have is given to me by God, we give throughout the year also. I work for a nonprofit part time,etc.
So do you support charity if you can? Which one and why?

thewife1

Asked by thewife1 at 4:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We always participate in "Operation Christmas Child" which sends shoeboxes full of Christmas gifts to needy children around the world. Just the thought of seeing joy on their faces makes me smile. =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My mom and I did a toy drive every year for poor children. Then christmas morning we and people from our church (including our pastor dressed as santa) went to all the motels that had live in families and surprised them with presents.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We'll donate time, toys, and money to the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, our local women's shelter and the Waterfront Rescue Mission.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We try to donate to toys for tots. I just donated a bunch of stocking hats and scarves I made by myself to people in the area that had none. There are so many to choose from!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I started a tradition with my kids the year my son was born. We "adopt" angels the same ages as our kids off the angel tree. Our kids help us shop for their angel. My son is just now getting to an age where he understands it, but even before they did it was rewarding. I want to instill in my kids there are other children out there, the same age as them, that aren't as fortunate as they are to have all their needs met.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008