Do you feel that a partner helps??

Do you feel that a partner really helps you lose weight? I've gained over 100 pounds over the last ten years, and everytime I partner up with someone my partner loses momentum after only a few days.

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 11:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• A good partner helps. I do both. I am scheduled to work out with my partner 2 days a week and the other days are on my own. If I slip up on my own, I know that I am accountable for those 2 days every week. I do more intense workouts on my own, my friend is my walking buddy. We walk 3 miles together twice a week. Walking 3 miles alone can be kind of boring, but with a friend talking the time goes by so fast it hardly feels like a workout.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you get the right partner, yes. Otherwise I find it better to just work out by myself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Awww!!!!!! I guess you need to find someone with the drive you have.
    Find someone who will really commit. Good luck!!! :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That's tough. I'd love to have a partner, but no one is as committed as I am either. So I'm on my own. I've lost 30 lbs so far, but I still have a long way to go. The nice thing with being on my own is that I can exercise anytime I want, and I can do whatever I'm in the mood for.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I feel that a very motivated and determined partner helps when it comes to the eating healthy and such. My husband is supposed to be my diet and exercise partner but it's hard to stay on track when he gets up in the middle of the night to get a not-so-healthy snack.

I prefer to work-out alone though. I don't like having a partner for that.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I like to work out on my own I can get into it better give me some music and my thoughts and I am good.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 12:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• YES! lost 20lbs last year with the help of a partner. I tried again this year and haven't lost anything *sigh*
    k_hall1784

Answer by k_hall1784 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What about joining a group like weight watchers - that way if you go to the meetings you have several partners and the leader to help keep motivation going, plus new people are always joining. Good luck.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010