My husband wants me to give him my "Christmas list" but I don't know what to put on it. Any suggestions?

We agreed to spend less than $50 on each other because we're buying a new computer for Christmas. I don't want any gift cards or candy or perfume and he just bought me flowers for Thanksgiving. I have a few book suggestions, I guess, but I can't think of anything that seems really special to tell him.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• Put the books on the list. Look around on ebay and see if there is anything that catches your eye. Hey...at least he's asking which is awesome...my isn't asking and probably isn't getting me anything either.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Put the books on the list. Also go to Gifts.com and browse their website. You can even search by your personality, age, and gender. That will give you some ideas on things you might want.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Put the books that you want on the list. Look around online at different stores and see if there's anything on there that catches your attention.

If my husband were to ask for my Christmas list, I would put down the books I want, the CD's I want, the pea coat that I want and that's it! We're getting a PS3 for Christmas for the both of us, so we've agreed not to spend too much on each other too.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Does it have to be special? It just has to be something you would like and use. I have this silly thing I want a plastic brush for the butter in the kitchen it is not special or exciting. I just would love to use it instead of the brush that looses hair on my food.
    Don't worry so much think of things you could use.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just a few suggestions, some things you might not need. A new robe, slippers, earrings (such as birthstone earrings), a new apron, accessories such scarves and gloves, maybe shoes, or team gear, jacket, or your favorite movies.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Something that you can show him in a catalog or online so he knows exactly what you want and where to find it. A pair of slippers. A scarf. Something easy.

Answer by Bmat at 12:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• sexy bra and panties - for him and you lol
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm with Megan. BTW, those silicone basting brushes are awesome. I asked my husband last night for a new attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. He always laughs and tells me how romantic I am, but it is something that I would use and appreciate. Do you have any home decorating things that you would like?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Why not something beautiful? Artwork, vases (especially if he has a habit of buying flowers and you appreciate it), decor items that suit your home.

Or something for you both to do (picnic plans, a movie date, an afternoon at the galleries followed by tea and a dainty dessert --doesn't have to be expensive) or something for you to do (painting class, cooking class --as long as that's not an insult-- yoga class...)

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• He could get you a necklace with each child birthstone on it. A bath set and some time off from doing housework so that you could enjoy it.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010