How did he propose?

A recent post by Jademom07 made me think of how my DF proposed. Its kind of an odd story.

As weird as it sounds, our first time out together was at Taco Bell. (I am addicted to Taco Bell) He grabbed a handful of the mild sauce packets and the first one he picked up to use said, "Will you marry me?". He laughed and tossed it aside.
We typically went to Taco Bell at least once a week. The second time, we weren't thinking about it, but again, there was another sauce packet which had, Will you marry me?, on the front.
After that when we would grab our sauce packets we looked through them, and sure enough every single time there would be that one sauce packet. We just thought it was odd.
The day before my 21st birthday after being together 2 years. We were sitting in our car and he asked me to close my eyes, then he handed me a Taco bell sauce packet that said, Will you marry me?, while holding the ring in his hand.
The next day, we went to Taco Bell, and we did NOT get that sauce packet. We grabbed three more handfuls of sauce to check them, NOT a single packet we were looking for. Two days later my friend who worked at Taco Bell informed me that "our" packet was one of the many sayings retired from the sauce packets.
I thought it was great.

How did yours propose? Sorry if it's long and run on.I was excited.

ModernMommie

Asked by ModernMommie at 12:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He didn't. We decided together that it was the best option for us legally & medically.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We had been dating for 5 weeks. We had just gotten home from dinner at his parents, and we were in bed snuggling and talking. He said, "I didn't plan to do this now. I wanted to have everything together, but I just can't wait anymore. Will you marry me?"
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• In the hospital. I had just miscarried our very first pregnancy and he gave me the ring and asked me to marry him <3 been engaged for 4 years now and will finally tie the knot in september of 2011!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Aw, that is so sweet!!!!

How my DH proposed always makes me laugh. Not because it was lame, but because it was unusual and so sweet. It was November 9, 2007 and I had to work at Target until 10 PM. He picked me up from work and asked me if I wanted to go eat at Applebee's for dinner. I said no because I didn't feel like sitting down and eating, I just wanted to go home and relax after a long day at work. So he finally talked me into at least getting dessert to go. We got the dessert and he said he wanted to eat it before we went home, so I was like okay... He wanted to eat it at a park, but it was really dark there and kind of creepy. I told him I didn't want to get mugged by some creepy man in a dark park. lol. So we went to the closest place that had a light on - our local bank's ATM drive-thru. We were sitting there, I had finished my dessert and he handed me my digital camera. CONT..
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• AW! That's so sweet ModernMommie! I like that story!

My DH proposed at our oldest sons first bday party. He had INSISTED on stopping at Walmart so he could get DS a present, although we already had a ton for him. I was irritated because it made us late, but i gave in. He came out with a rocking horse that made noise when you push the ears. Ok fine, lets go.

He wanted to bring the rocking horse in last, so after the rest of the presents were opened, he went out to get it. I noticed the whole family started gathering around closer, but i thought they were just excited about the present! Turns out, he had stuck the ring on the ear of the horse, because he KNEW that would be the first thing i wanted to show DS! He was right, i grabbed the ear, pulled the ring off, looked at it completely confused for a minute til he got down on one knee! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• He told me to flip through until I found a picture that I hadn't taken. I sat there and flipped through, I swear I didn't see any pictures that I hadn't already seen. I guess I was going too fast through them and I kept skipping over the picture of my ring he took. At this point he had gotten so impatient and when I looked up from the camera he was holding the ring in front of my face. Then he asked me if I would marry him and of course I said yes! :) So our engagement began at the Citrus & Chemical Bank ATM Drive Thru! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Awww great stories. Amazing how romantic something so odd can turn out to be. like sitting in a drive thru atm. LoL! I loved the rocking horse idea.
    they are all sweet thoughts.

Im in a happy mood now today...
    ModernMommie

Comment by ModernMommie (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did not him. We were sitting at Wendy's and he asked me what I wanted to do today. I said "If you don't want to marry me lets go get the kids". He said "ok I'll marry you". We were married 3 hours later.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Dh did a great job. It was under the tree at Rockefeller Center during Christmas time. He got down on one knee in front of the huge crowds and proposed, I said yes, we went to a martini bar to celebrate, then to a cozy brownstone for a fabulous dinner. I had NO IDEA. This was our 3rd or 4th year we went to NYC over Christmas time, thought we were just continuing the tradition. He nailed it and SHOCKED me....even asked my parent's permission earlier in the week. How my mother kept that secret I will never know, she was the worst at keeping secrets, lol. We were together about 5 years when we got engaged. We had both been married before and getting married again wasn't a priority, it wasn't anything I pushed for, so for him to do this all on his own only because HE wanted to made so amazingly romantic to me.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• At the top of the ferris wheel at the country fair right at midnight, it was the sweetest thing to some it may sound a little corny (or trashy if your fair is trashy) but I have always LOVED the fair ever since I was a little girl and it am so excited every year when it comes to town, I just love walking around looking at everything all the lights and walking down the midway on the warm summer nights! Well it is my tradition that you always save the ferris wheel for the last thing of the night (you know save the best for last) well it stopped with us and top and he got down on one knee (it was the gondola Ferris wheel) and I thought that he was getting sick (he isn't a fan of heights!) and then he pulled out a ring and proposed-he couldn't have surprised me more and for me it was the perfect way to propose!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010