i would like to know how many parents have an only child and did thay have a lot of problems in school?

Asked by luv_baby at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was an only child and I didn't have problems.

Answer by ashisamom at 12:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was an only child and a good student and my son (grown now) had good grades and never had any problems.

Answer by Keksie at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have an only child and yes he has some issues in school. Not academic though...

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My daughter is almost 5 and has been an only but not we're expecting out second. She has developmental delays so she's in a developmental preschool. I think even if she didn't have the low muscle tone that led to her delays, she would have some social issues because she's not used to dealing with other children on a regular basis, of course that's' what preschool is for!

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We have an only and had no problems. He loved it and did great. He is in second grade now and still loves school and is doing well overall.

Answer by choco_mom at 12:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Studies have shown that only children make up a high percentage of medical students and other professional schools. Only children excel. One of the best books about only children is "The Only Child" by Darrell Sifford."

Answer by teacher-author at 8:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was an only child for 13 years and I was horrible at school!

Answer by baby1love at 10:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Only child, academic he is above his peers. Perhaps for him it is b/c my husband and I are very involved with is school and education.

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010