• In the Spotlight:

I have to go in public with a cold sore on my mouth...

I am so embarressed but I have a job interview tomorrow and have a huge cold sore on my lip...damn it. Anything like this happen to you??

Tonesgirl

Asked by Tonesgirl at 12:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep. I am going through this right now. My father was killed last week in a car accident and I have a doozy of one on my lip. I take Valtrex and it usually helps but the stress was too much. I am supposed to start a new job on Monday and I have a huge scab.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I've gotten them on my lips before and never really paid them much attention. It's a cold sore, what can I do but let it run it's course? I usually put some Carmex on there and go about my day. If any one asks or seems to be staring at it, I inform them that it's a cold sore and it's not uncommon. Some people act like you've got a bad case of herpes on your lip or something! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I feel the same way poptart does about it. I remind them that over 80 percent of the population has been exposed to the herpes virus. It sits dormant in our bodies. The people who stare probably have one type of herpes just sitting in their nerve cells waiting to come out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yeah it usually likes to rear its ugliness when something important like this happens lol poptart your hilarious
    Tonesgirl

Comment by Tonesgirl (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• DIp a QTip in hydrogen peroxide and dap on the cold sore. Do that a couple times a day and it will clear up within a couple of days. It does stink so be prepared. Works better than any other type of treatments that I have used. Cold sores tend to come on during times of stress. I would also not mention it to anyone. Most polite people aren't going to point it out. I get them all the time and peroxide works the best. Just got rid of one that way in 2 days.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• OUCH tyfry..I have to try that. But OUCH!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i never get them (knock on wood) but i can see where your comen from and girl i am sorry !!
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 2:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was gonna say peroxide on a qtip too. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• mine just recently went away and i was so self conscious about it because it was red and noticeable but i bought the cold sore med and kept applying it until it went away
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010