I just found out I am pregnant and already arguing about what to name the baby lol. Please help.

We have 2 girls. The first one I named the second one our 2.5 year old named because we couldn't decide between Madison and Jenna so we asked our daughter and she picked Madison. Now my DH wants to pick the name of this one. If we have another girl it isn't a problem,but if we have a boy he wants to name him after him and have a jr and I don't want a jr. I am not sure why I just don't. So the name would be Joshua Wade (last name) JR. and I don't like the name Joshua for a baby I don't know why I just don't. Then I told him he can pick the name as long as it isn't that or as long as it isn't something like benjamin so he said what about Ben I said I told you not that name lol. Help. lol...What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pick a name that you both can agree on.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree with ballewal-- you should give the baby a name you both like and both agree on.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Relax.

The only people I know named Joshua are under 5. It's getting to be a really popular name. A lot of those old and biblical names are coming back --I'm seeing a lot of Sams around, suddenly.

Growing up, my dad and brother had the same name. It's annoying and confusing... for them and their friends and people trying to contact them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You have to sign the birth certificate to make it legal. IMO he's acting like an asshole saying that.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• he tells me he doesn't care he says the name is going to be his name he says he will wait until I am drugged up lol. He says he will fill out the birth certificate himself and put the name on there
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You have to find a name that you both can agree on. My husband and I had issues with this when we were pregnant with our first. We had already agreed on a girl name but couldn't agree on a boy name. He wanted Ezra and I wanted Aiden Allister. So you know what we did? We tossed all of those names out the window since we couldnt' agree on them. Eventually, after months of searching online, we came to Brayden as a name we both liked. That's what you have to do, it's not just his child, it's both of you's child! So it can't be what he wants or what you want. There has to be an agreement somewhere.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Relax, there its plenty of time to ponder this and make a decision together, don't suck the joy out of this awesome news. Personally I think its very sweet thathe wants his first born son named after him but it will be your first born son as well so there obviously needs to be an agreement. Give it more time and maybe you two can compromise by maybe making the middle name your hubbs first name. Congrats
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You could always give him a nickname and call him by that. But I agree with everyone else. You both need to be content with the name. He shouldn't force it on you.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well u have to sign the birth certificate too... my hubby teased me and said he wanted to name my son sue or richard head so his nickname could be dick head.... dnt stress to much you have a long way to go
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010