Spreading the wealth

Do you believe in spreading the wealth? If you are a Christian, do you believe Jesus would have you spread the wealth?
Why or Why not?

thewife1

Asked by thewife1 at 4:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that Jesus would have us willingly give, but He'd never force us to.( 2 Corinthians 9:7) He would have us to consider those less fortunate than ourselves and not to spend all our days wracking up wealth to hoard selfishly. (Luke 12:16–21)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We are only stewards of our money. I believe Jesus gives more than what is asked of him...and if money was something of the past, he would have given every last penny he had to make sure someone else had food to eat and warmth.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Do you believe in spreading the wealth? I

think it would be good to help out the less forunate that are struggling. He tells us not to let money rule our hearts. It is better to help those in need. Of course the bible also talks about laziness so I'm against those in that position.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• yes i do believe he would by our tithes or fast offerings at church. i give my 10% and every fast sunday i give the cost of 2 meals for the number of people in my family. the fast offerings go to help the needy and the tithe goes to building new churches or temples. our bishops and church leaders do not get paid they do their part as a service to god. so no tithes go to that. i'm a firm believer in tithe. once i neglected to pay mine cause we were busy closing on a house and our computer was broken. i use the computer to look up in my account the money that was added and then total the amount that i am to pay. well it turned out we had gone several weeks and the total came out to $791 it was hard to pay that over and my hubby was hesitant but i knew if we'd pay for it we would be blessed as we always are. we got this house when really we shouldn't have qualified for it. it's the good Shepard lesson.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think that one of the Greatest Things you can do is help someone out when they are in need! I always try to give my extra clothes and extra stuff to someone who has went through a fire, or some kind of cotasrophy. I see some families struggling to buy their girls clothes and I am only about 5' tall. So, most clothes I have will fit a teenager, I don't wear the Grandma stuff, just cause I'm a Grandma. But yes, the Greatest Thing you can do is help someone out when in need, like a fire, or something. Don't you?
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008