I think I have a UTI but I don't go to the doctor for another week and a half is it safe to wait until I go to the doctor or should I call sooner? I am 4 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go now! UTI's get very painful very quickly. Best to start meds right away.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Walgreens carries two products called Azo or uristat, cut out all sugars and breads for a few days since it will make it work. drink only water and rest.
    Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 1:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you can't get in to see the ob/gyn, what about a urgent care clinic? I would hate to tell you ER for a simple UTI, (though during pregnancy, UTI's CAN be or become emergent) BUT, if you have NO other option, I would go to the ER, the one I go to has a "fast track" where, after triage, they send the patients who will be in and out.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You should ask them.And see what they say.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You should go in sooner.. it would be dangerous to wait
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Why would you want to deal with that for 4 WEEKS? Besides, it's bad for your kidneys I believe if you wait too long. Go now!
    Anonymous

• Oops, got the time frames mixed up. Still, wouldn't want to deal with that for a week and a half either!
    Anonymous

• Untreated bladder infections can travel up the ureters to the kidneys becoming pylonephritis (kidney infection). You do NOT want to go there. Call your Dr ASASP.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i mean if i wait until i go to the doctor can it hurt the baby? I don't ahev money this week to go to the doctor
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Don't wait! Go as soon as possible! Never mess around with the safety of your unborn child!!!!!
    sdarby

Answer by sdarby at 1:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010