I hate being married.miss being single. anyone else feel this way?

It's been 15 years.And I really have lost who I was or who I am?I am just his wife and their mom.I hate hearing his bitching too.Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• lol!!~ I actually like being married and we have been together 14 years but I understand about being sick of his bitching haha
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I love my husband, but I completely understand. I also wouldn't trade my son for the world, but I really, REALLY miss my body...lol
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• um yeah... I think we all feel like this from time to time I know I feel like this for the past few months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I feel the opposite. I hated being single most of the time, hated the dating scene... but I LOVE being married. I have a wonderful husband.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I hate being single.... I would love to be married again.....even thought the last one treated me like poo (can't say the real word) I would still try it again.
    witchymomslove

Answer by witchymomslove at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I love being married. However I think everybody gets in that rut where they don't like it, but if it continued feelings of that, then you need sometime for yourself. You need to find some things to do that make you happy and if that doesn't work confided in your husband about the situation. Or look at it are you happliy married? Or things have been stressful. Address all of those feelings.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Me personally.

I've been married 25 years now. I love being married. I'm "me" first, a wife and mother second. I have put in the effort over the past quarter of a century to make sure that I am still "me" first and foremost. My personal feeling is this: I can not be the best wife/mother I can be, if I'm not the best **me** I can be. I can't take care of others to the best of my ability, if I do not take care of myself...

Have I had/my marriage had "ruts" or low points over the years. Oh hell yeah. ruts, low points, miserable times but at the same time, we have also had happiness, joy, fun and celebrations. Good and bad go hand & hand in life. They also go hand & hand in marriage.

Much life like. Marriage is what you make it. A marriage is what the 2 people in that relationship what it to be (note I said 2, it takes 2 not just 1), and lots of that has to do with personal & relationship perception and effort.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I wouldnt say I hate being married, but I do understand what you mean by u miss being single. I feel like I lost myself too in a way. I know its because I hardly make time for myself. I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 yr. old hyper lil girl. Sometimes I just really feel like I need a break.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 2:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think everyone has thoughts of what it would be like "Single" again. And when I say "Single" I mean not having anyone else to worry about but ourselves. Now unmarried and being able to Date. Not here. I have a Great Husband. After 17yrs together, 11 yrs married, and three boys, I know I will never find another man that loves me as much as he does........ There are way too many idiots out there that are unfit for marriage!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 5:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010