sigh my poor baby!

My 11 mo old dd went the first 9 mos of her life without so much as a fever. Then she got a double ear infection, got meds and got it cleared up. a few weeks later, sinus infection, late that week a cough so bad she was vomitting. got all of that cleared up. and now two weeks later she has thrush, her first ever diaper rash that just keeps spreading no matter waht i do. Took her into the dr this morning and got her some meds for the diaper rash and thrush. We went grocery shopping, came home. I had her in her high chair eating crackers while I put stuff away, then I looked over at her and she was COVERED in a big red rash! ugh.. so now i'm waiting on the dr. to call me back. We haven't changed anything, and I hadn't given her any of the meds yet. Poor thing though.I feel so bad for her! Is a body rash part of thrush?? I thought she might have gottne too hot in the car so I stripped her down, but it's still there.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thrush can spread. It is a yeast infection. Poor baby. When it rains it pours! Hang in there!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sounds like she's reacted to the medication. A visit to the urgent care clinic might be necessary.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I haven't given her any of the meds yet.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• could be hives, my son got that when he was little scared the crap out of me because it came out of no where..... they were BIG red spots that were a little raised off his skip they kept getting bigger to! hope the doc can help her!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The dr. finally called me back after over an hour. He just said to watch her and if it gets worse to take her to the ER tonight. I think it might be hives because it's big red welts and they are coming and going. I get hives too in the winter, but I haven't broken out in about 3 years.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My little girl had thrush, but no body rash. Did you change laundry soap or anything? Hope your little gets to feeling better.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010