3 yr old with a persisting cough, doctor?

My 3 yr old has had a persistant cough for a few weeks, but it doesn't wake him or keep him up and is mild during the day.

Opinions on if you think a trip to the doctor is warrented? He is healthy in every other way.

I don't want to drag him to the doctor just to have them tell me that I should keep doing hat im doing. But don't want to overlook anything either.

Thoughts, opinions?

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 year old has been figihting a cough for a month we have been to the doctor so much in just a month atleast 1 time a week we go , sinus infection, then an ear infection,along with a cough we have been on meds they won't work so we took her back in and found now it's her molars coming in late that is some of the cause of her problems.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We just did this. Very frustrating. And just for the cough. Our issue: allergies and sinus. So he ordered in a medication to help decrease the cough and to open up the lungs. Albuterol. It has helped and the cough is starting to go away.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• thanks guys, I think I will call the doc... don't want to make the poor buddy suffer if there is an underlying cause like allergies or infection.

tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have the same problem my three year old and myself. I hope everything turns out ok :)
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 11:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If it has been that long, I would call. Could be nothing....could blow up into something. Hope he is better soon!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Have you put the humidifier in the bed room at night ?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010