Are you amazed about how stupid people are?

Dang it stupid people should not be allowed to babysit.. Just read that article about an Aunt who gave a baby cough meds and he died. How do we keep getting dumber and dumber people in this word.
The gap is widening between smart and stupid do you believe this?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am amazed daily about stupidity and rudeness..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think like Bill Engvall does. Stupid people should have to wear signs.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 1:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Death of Common Sense when people refuse to be responsible, aware, and educated about themselves and those who they care for.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well times have change. There were baby cough meds until recently . Its not like she did it on purpose
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Dang it stupid people should not be allowed to babysit.. Just read that article about an Aunt who gave a baby cough meds and he died.

I wonder how many of the sanctimommies denouncing that woman have mothers and mothers in law who would NOT do the same thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• if she did it on purpose its one thing, but my mom and mil wouldnt know, i had to tell them both, and even then my 2yr olds allergies get really bad she does take some medicine (this under the advisement of a doctor though) and i tell them the specific dose and everything. sad accidents sometimes happen, god knows im not perfect either.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I never gave any of my kids that sort of over the counter med when babies.I think it was just a very unfortunate and horrible ..horrible..ACCIDENT.I bet the aunt feels tremdously terrible! Imagine it she will live the rest of her life with this ..isn't that enough? Or should she be nailed to a damn cross? I do not think some realize there are millions who do this same thing with babies all of the time difference is nothing bad happens and then there are those yu do not hear about.Bottom line this story is good to learn from but I don't feel te womn should be trashed/raked over the coals..she has to feel horrible enough all on her own.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You will have to excuse my mega typos..keyboard on the fritz
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Something you need to realize about medicine. A medicine can be very safe, but it just takes ONE persons metabolism to not work well with it, and all of a sudden it's a horrible medicine? Not all people can tolerate the same medicine the same way! You need to realize this. I mean, how many people take Tylenol? How SAFE is Tylenol? It's safe, right? Maybe it doesn't work all that well, but it's really very safe, as far as I know. But some people may be allergic. And people can just develop an allergy.
    This aunt, how do you know that for her entire adult life she didn't hear DOCTORS say it was safe to give young kids the cough meds? Besides the fact they were on the shelf, with dosages on the labels. Yet, she's stupid? Because the kid had a lethal reaction? Do you really think she MEANT for that to happen? I would hope not. But in this instance, from what you said, stupid is not what I would call her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ah, see, now I read the article, thanks for posting it. Stupid? No. I can think of plenty of other things that are stupid. She was irresponsible. That baby was too young, but I don't know how old the aunt was, either. Maybe the article said, and I didn't notice. Doctors change what they think should be done with babies constantly. It's near impossible to keep up. This should be done. No, that's not safe. Do this, no do that. It's almost weekly they decide what you should do, how you should treat this and that. I'm sure she's devastated. I know the parents are.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010