Oh my gosh dr. appt today and I am so not looking forward to her???

This is my cardiologist she told me to loose 30-40 lbs I have lost like 13-15! I should have been more diligent. HOw do you dedicate your self to weightloss? Damn it.

OKAY DR WAS SO PLEASED WITH ME SHE SAID KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LOOSE 20 MORE TO GET MY WEIGHT INTO THE HEALTHY RANGE!!!  I AM SO HAPPY. sHE SAID 15 IS GOOD.  SO ON MONDAY I AM HITTING THE GYM TO GET IN MORE WEIGHT BEARING WORKOUTS..dumbbell

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I honestly think it's best to focus on that you did lose some weight 13-15 pounds is still really good. I think you should give yourself a pat on the back and walk in proud. Keep working at it losing weight it's easy it takes lots of time.
    I wish that I could deciate myself to weight loss, I still the same weight I was a year ago after having my son. ;o(
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I just lost 56 lbs. and my sister lost 94 we walk EVERY day we take 2 hours a day for ourselves we love it. If we knew we would have this much fun we'd a done it years ago. We also watch are carbs., there are good ones and bad we cut out white flour, potatoes, rice and eat a lot of meat all kinds even fried! We allow ourselves 40 carbs a meal = 120 a day. I myself eat more carbs in the am I have more energy. We also just started the Wii Fit since winter is settling in (UGH!!!!) what a blast. She started this in April for her and I started in May because I was recovering from foot surgery. DO IT you will see results.

nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 2:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't know either.. I need to lose 35 and lost only 10 - this just plain old sucks..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had a difficult time with my weight and while sitting in a doctors office I saw a video about Juice Plus. It changed my life. I lost 19 lbs in the first few months and I feel much healthier. I became a rep because I just can't stop sharing it with people.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    Maybe it can help you too.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My dr put me on a diet...low fat, low sodium, no dairy. i lost 11 lbs the first week from the low sodium and continued to lose weight for a year. I lost a total of almost 60 lbs (like 58 or something), and that was without exercise.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Really really watch your sodium, 1500mg per day or less, and you WILL lose weight because you will not be retaining water any more. it's hard though, no more convenience foods, no microwave meals, you will be cooking from scratch with "no-salt-added" ingredients and have to learn to use other seasonings to make food flavorful.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i've been walking every day from 10 to 14 minutes. i was 128 before our little mary jane roselind came and during the pregnancy i weighed 158 and i lost 15 pounds the first two weeks,and i've gotten roughly 15 pounds left to lose.i now weigh 140.so my best advice is light walking.after the docter okays it.
    christinahilton

Answer by christinahilton at 4:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have heard muscle does help burn more calories.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yay for you
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Good for you!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2011