do u have any friends that have a different parenting style that u don't agree with?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 2:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah...but as long as the kids are in my house and around me, they have to follow my parenting style...PERIOD.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes. I am sure they do not agree with my styles though as well.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes even with family at times
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 2:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, like they don't agree with mine. I don't mind, it's their kids, their rules. Doesn't affect my life or my children in any way.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sure, but they do not agree with mine. I don't spank, I use different techniques, and my attitude is more calm. Some of my friends are yellers at their children, telling them to stop this and stop that every two seconds. Not to mention the "come to the bathroom" voice which really means I am going to spank you. They continue to yell while I just calmly redirect and all I have to do is say it once. I feel sorry for them - both kids and the parents. No fun even at events where it is supposed to be fun. On the other hand I don't helicopter parent. I'm sitting right there but I prefer to have my son solve his own issues. This drives them crazy. So he plays air hockey with hand on the table. Geeze. He gets his hand smashed once (no big deal) and learns. On the other hand they want me to tell him to remove his hand a million times so he doesn't actually learn it hurts. I won - banged it and never did it agian :)

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yep. Most, in fact. They do things that leave me baffled...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes.. its hard to be around them actually..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, I find it annoying with allthe nagging rules. It's just over the top.
    Anonymous

• Lots. But we don't socialize with kids in tow, 'cause I'm not available for that kind of grief.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes!! My friend has 3 boys five and under. She doesn't give them naps *she doesn't want to fight with them,* so they are always cranky. she doesn't make the use high chairs or anything to eat. so they run all over and won't sit down to eat. And she is VERY hands off, doesn't discipline them at all. They are little terrors and I do everything I can to avoid having her bring them over to my house!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010