have you ever? no bashing or i will shut the question adult content

i really scared because i get really frustrated with my 2 kids. i have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old. well my 6 month old is gettin to be really whiney all the time. she wants to have somebody around her all the time!!! and we dont hold her very much or anything so shes not spoiled. well lately shes benn waking up on and off all night whining so i put her in the bed with me and she knocks out!! i know its bad but i need my sleep!! well she is always touching me and i hate that!! it annoys me so much! well i was already frustrated from not getting any sleep and i was having really bad thoughts! like i just wanted to let her cry but then she would wake up my 3 yr old!!! and i would have to stay up!! am i the only one with these thoughts? sometimes i gets so bad that i feel like spanking her even though i know shes too young!!! i would never do it but i just get these uncontrolable thoughts! im just hoping you think im not crazy. no bashing plz i just need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No bashing here, but it sounds like you might have a touch of PPD. I would speak to a doc or counselor at the least. You may or may not need medication.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don' know much about it but maybe you have postpartum depression. Have you tried talking to your doctor about your feelings? I think you should right away before you end up hurting your children.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• She's at the age where separation anxiety kicks in. Be an understanding Mom and give her affection!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How about trying a 'side car crib'  Let her room in for a while.  You can wean her to her bed at nap times and hopefully she will out grow this phase soon.  Even though your baby is 6 months your hormons may not be back to mormal.  DO you think maybe you could have a little PPD to?  It wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor baout these fellings as well.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• "we dont hold her very much"
    This might be causing your problems. Babies need to be held as much as they need to be fed. Try holding her more during the day so that she can get her "fill" and is not demanding it so much during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree with first poster, no bashing but getting mad at a 6-month-old baby doesn't sound so normal to me. You should get some help.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree with the three posters. And if you hold her more often, she will appreciate it and do better. She is suffering from separation anxiety and her sleeping with you and touching you is what makes her feel good. You sound like you need to visit the doctor and a therapist for PPD. You may need meds.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would really talk to a doctor. Maybe there r medications that would help u. Please see a doctor soon. U don't want a tragedy to happen. good luck. Let me know what happens.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• youre not crazy you just need to find an outlet for yourself. Something to do when youre getting frustrated. the best thing youre doing is not acting on your feelings, its hard, but you hang in there itll get better! Good luck!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You need to see a Doctor ASAP!!! Before you end up hurting your baby!! I'm not bashing either. It happens. You need help!! Do you have anyone you can call to get sometime to yourself? Call your Doctor.
    Anonymous