Anyone else's son had to get a SECOND circumcision to fix the first one?

We have a consult today with the urologist where we will schedule the day of the circ. He is 19 months old =( I am so nervous about it. Was wanting to find others that can share their experiences with this..how were they after the procedure was done?

Would also like to make it clear ahead of time that if your going to respond with a million reasons why getting my son circumcised is ridiculous and not necessary, then please don't respond at all! It is a personal decision for no one to make but me and my husband!! He had it done at 3 months (that was the soonest they could do it) and messed up terribly.. it looks awful and YES we will be getting it fixed no matter what you have to say. Thanks in advance =)

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My brother in law had to get circumsized for the FIRST time when he was around 8 years old due to infection. At least you are catching it relatively early, so he won't remember it.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 7:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Poor baby. I hope it all works out for him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did not but i have heard of it before. I hope everything goes well for you little one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How did it get botched the first time around? Poor thing!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I never knew that was possible. I hope you boy will be okay. Good Luck
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• When I was stationed in Italy, a visiting urologist from Spain or the US would come in and redo circumcisions. Sometimes the doctors did not take enough skin off and the remaining skin would adhere painfully or get infected because it was an incomplete circumcision and bacteria would grow in between the skin and the penis. I'm sorry your little guy has to go through this. At least you are doing it now instead of when he is older.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my friends son had the same problem I just suggested she goes to my doctor because he did both my boys and did a wonderful job. He fixed it and he was fine after the procedure. HE was abotu 10 months old getting it done. I hope all works out and he heals as quickly as he did the first time around.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What exactly is "wrong" with it? After seeing this doc, I would suggest seeking out a second opinion just to make sure it's necessary.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @CarriePM- When it was done the first time they used the bell..it looks as if one half of his penis is circumcised and the other is not! It is very strange!! I knew something was not right about it begin with, but his doc told me that the more time goes by the more it will start to look normal. That was totally not the case! The more time went by, the more noticeable it was that it was completely uneven. I took him in for a second opinion and they were completely shocked and sent us over to the urologist, whom told us to wait until his 18 month mark to schedule the 2nd one. Now here we are..

@dmd- Screw you very much, thanks =)
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• – collapse
    Just because I can... I'm gonna say:

Your poor son. He has to live with this decision you made to mutilate his body. Would you feel guilty if he was unable to have sex because of this horrible surgery you inflicted on him?

dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 (hidden) + expand