Can you be poor and blessed?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am rich with blessings.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Absolutely~~Although sometimes it's hard to actually open your eyes and realize that material things mean nothing
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Depends on how people define blessed. I am not "blessed" with material wealth but I have healthy amazing children, my mind is in tact (sort of) and I have reasons to smile every day. To me, that's blessed.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 2:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes you can. You might not recognize your blessings because it depends on what you value.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yes
    nancy25425

Answer by nancy25425 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Of course, God never promised to make us financially rich. And don't you feel blessed to look at your family and friends, no matter how much money you have in the bank? I certainly do.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Most definitely.

I have lived in/travelled to some pretty damn poor places in this world. Especially during my time in th Peace Corps. I have lived with/seen people so poor that they only had millet or rice to eat, had dirt floors, no electricity, no running water, the closest place to get water they had to walk a few miles to get to, no running to the grocery store to pick up something to eat.and so on.Many (if not most) of those people felt far more blessed, were far happier with their lives, were more appreciative of all they have, than most people I encounter on a daily basis in my life now.. So yes. I say they were "blessed" They were blessed enough to see, understand themselves and life. They were blessed enough to realize what was important to them and what really matter in this world to them. They felt and believed that they were "blessed", therefore they chose to live/view life as a blessing.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I believe so, yes. Money isn't the only thing of value. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• YES.

EXAMPLE: My mother has a rare breast cancer. Her bills are outrages!! Within 4 months of treatment she was over 100 thousand dollars and it is getting harder to make it to her appointments because of the finances. However, she has good insurance and was only responsible for a portion of the medical bills and she is cancer free!!! She also has the support of her family. Mom was diagnosed on 2/04/10 and I found out I was pregnant 2/07/10. I quit my job as a vet tech and was able to be with my mom for every appointment, chemo treatment, and raidiation. I was pregnant with her first grand-baby and she fought harder than ever for him.

She may have been poor financially, but she was rich in blessings and family.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Absolutely! Man made money, money didn't make the man.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010