Anybody have trouble buying gifts for your SO?

I do. Idon't really know what he wants and I hate to waste money on something he doesn't need lol. Any suggestions?

bellsandheels

Asked by bellsandheels at 2:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• Actually, I'm pretty lucky. He tells me exactly what he wants these days. It takes some of the surprise out of it, but at least I am guarenteed to get him something he likes. He used to not give me any hints, and I would really struggle.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We don't buy gifts for each other.

We usually get something we've wanted for a long time...like this year DH bought us door and installed it so now we have a back door.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have problems because he has expensive taste in electronics and usually just buys anything he wants.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes! When he wants something, he researches it and buys it. Which is fine...except at Christmas. He's been wanting a portable HD TV for work for months. He's the type that researches prices, reads reviews, takes forever deciding. Now that Christmas is here...what does he do? Finally decides to go buy it! He's also been wanting an 8GB flash drive for movies and music. He went and bought that too! Grrr!! There went my gift ideas!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We don't exchange gifts at Xmas anymore. This year, we're in the middle of building a house and I wish we could skip all the Xmas stuff and put all the money toward custom tile, etc.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I used to agonize over it but this year I asked him - what do you really want - and it turned out to be a rifle.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I bought my SO a watch.
    kayleesmommy503

Answer by kayleesmommy503 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am struggling over that now. I bought him a few gifts that he wanted and a surprise gift, but i still need to get something else and don't know what. He has no hobbies or interests.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes...every time I think of something to get for him he buys it for himself.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2010