I am homeschooling my kids. Does anyone know of any inexpensive cirriculum for an 8th and 9th grader?

I purchased workbooks, and making up my own curriculm. I really need help in a specialized curriculum for an 8th and 9th grader. My 9th grader is also interested in builing things, he is excellent with his hands. My 8th grader is interested in playing the violin, I cannot afford a violin right now. I am planning to purchase a violin, or make payments with income tax refund. If anyone knows of anything that can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Barbara

BAWilliams

Asked by BAWilliams at 2:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Check Ebay and Amazon. My DD is going into the first grade and DS is starting nursery, and that is where I get all of my materials. Oh, and alibris.com.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I found most of my textbooks used on amazon or ebay, I heard they don't let you sell teacher's editions anymore, I'm not sure if that's true. Try craigslist, and see if there are any homeschool groups in your area, often they have swaps for materials your kids have outgrown, or you will meet people who will sell their things for a reasonable price.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I actually just bought the TE for Mifflin/Mcgraw Hill's Science, Health and Social Studies curriculums. As well as all the workbooks etc. on Amazon. So as of two days ago they were still selling.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 4:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Anonymous

• k12,com check it out. I used it to homeschool my boy awesome. Its free.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010