Booster seat or highchair, which is better to have?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OH yeah. IMO if he is sitting up stable and on his own then the booster with grow with him more so than a highchair. Plus highchairs are not easy to transport. The boosters can pack up and go with you anywhere.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i bought a highchair u attach to a real chair and it can turn into a booster seat!! i LOVE it! its was like $55 at babies r us!! much cheaper than a new big highchair!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I thought u had to have both... highchair when their younger, booster when they get a little older...
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Both, a 6 month to perhaps as old as 2 years really isn't ready for a booster seat,
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think they are safer in the high chair. Just my opinion. :)
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We had both. High chair until around 2 years and then booster
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 2:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• With mine I fed spoon fed them in my lap and by the time they were experimenting with table food they were sitting up well enough for the booster. It kind of depends on when you start feeding as well... My son was 4 months wiht a spoon and table stuff at 6 months but since DD was breast feeding she never got spoon fed until she was 7 months old and so she didn't start table foods until close to 10 months. The booster is not good for younger ones. They can't balance as well in it. A booster is GREAT for an older one becuase they can climb in and out on there own and sit right at the table with you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• WE are talking about the booster with lap straps that buckles to the chair right?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had a highchair with my first and never used it. It was big and bulky and hard to deal with.  Im short so I had to stand to feed her because if I sat down she was too high and too far from me.   With the other 4 I used boosters like the one you described. They are just easier for me and I can take them with me on trips. Lots easier to clean too.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you mean one of those portable highchairs that strap to a chair thats fine...those ARE highchairs in a modified way....a booster is typicaly just a plastic seat without straps or trays so they are up higher to reach the table.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010