What could I have done?

OMG so last night my ds told me something sort of big, and it bothered me a bit, but he asked me if we could please wait to talk to dh about it and I agreed that it was probably a good idea because it is some thing that may play it self out. Then dh is for once in tune with me and keeps asking whats wrong gets to do I want a divorce, having an affair and I tell him that ds told me something but doesn't want to talk to him about it yet and he rightly says that isn't really fair that if the tables were turned I would be upset and I agreed, so I sort of made ds tell him whats going on. Now I am worried that ds will never talk to me again about stuff even though he says its okay!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You should've told your son in the first place that you were not willing to keep things from DH. Parents (if there are 2) have to be a team in order to be truly effective. All this situation did was cause tension between you and DH, and now you and DS..... Sit down as a family and tell your DS that you have an open door policy, he can talk to either of you about anything, but that he should know that you will have to share it with one another as parents.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well stated Kimebs.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I say, well stated Kimebs also! Couldn't have said it any better!!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with the 1st poster couldn't of said it better.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have to agree.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• agree
    Anonymous