Why should no TRUE christian EVER celebrate christmas?

This is an essay by David C. Pack, titled “The True Origin of Christmas”. Rev. Pack heads The Restored church of God, is editor-in-chief of “The Real Truth” magazine and a renown biblical scholar. He believes that, because of the pagan origins of christmas and of many of it’s traditions, a true christian should avoid celebrating this holiday at all costs. That it is NOT the birthday of Jesus and should never be celebrated as such, as this would be an insult to the birth of Jesus.

http://www.thercg.org/books/ttooc.html

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 2:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.thercg.org/books/ttooc.html   There I made the link clickable. Now maybe people will actually take time to READ it before they offer up an opinion. The question at hand is whether or not you agree with this man's opinion or if you find it absolutely hilarious. I, for one, would like to see how many agree with his use of scriptures. Or if you disagree could you explain how it is out of context in a respectful and adult manner.  I know that's asking alot. WQ I think if you wanted honest answers about the article you should have posted anon. Your haters fan club seems to be out today. LOL Have a blessed Winter Solstice!!! ((HUGS))

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think this dude is a silly radical...
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• One man's truth is another man's Easter egg.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well, I sure wouldn't want to be him on judgement day
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• And, if you want to be a christian, DON'T celebrate christmas--or halloween, or easter, or any of the other holidays that christianity stole from pagans.

Is there only one way to celebrate being a TRUE witch? No. I certainly DO NOT liken or link Mithra with Jesus..um, NOT at all !!!!! Shoo, shoo little bee.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• But everybody celebrates and your insults are like a broken record to christians. Just add ***any religion*** to the words "Christian" in you post if you want to lecture correctly.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• God does not worry or care about such trivial things. No matter what day any worshipful celebration for Him is put on, He would never get insulted because He created every single day for us to worship Him. It is not the day that is important to Him but what we do in it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I guess its ok to write "Xmas" now! Schwooo!
    Anonymous

• For me, christmas is pagan. I don't care if christians choose to celebrate Dec. 25th as the birthday of their god-man. But, Jesus H., girls! It's only the third day of Dec. and we are already getting Christmas=Jesus' birthday questions out the wazoo. They aren't going to respect atheist or pagan or any other sensibilities and stop shoving this down our faces. You know that. As it happens, nutbar extremist or not, I agree with David Pack on one thing. His observations are hilarious. And, if you want to be a christian, DON'T celebrate christmas--or halloween, or easter, or any of the other holidays that christianity stole from pagans. Don't celebrate it. Don't talk about it. The disrespect isn't in celebrating Jesus birthday. It's in celebrating it on the birthday of a violent deity like Mithras. It's the linking of paganism to christianity.
    witchqueen

Comment by witchqueen (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Is there only one way to celebrate being a TRUE witch? 

Actually, yes, there is.  Witchery is a practice, not a religion or a branch of a religion.  And yes, there is only one way to do it.  And don't blame me if you don't like the article.  I didn't write the article.  I just posted it because I thought it was hilarious.  I repeat.  I DID NOT WRITE IT.  A christian minister did.  I'm an atheist.  You can have any delusion you want about Dec. 25th.  Really, really!!  Don't attack me because you don't like being reminded that the birthday of christ really ISN'T his birthday.

witchqueen

Comment by witchqueen (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010