Why should a REAL christian NEVER celebrate christmas?

Why should no TRUE christian EVER celebrate christmas?
This is an essay by David C. Pack, titled “The True Origin of Christmas”. Rev. Pack heads The Restored church of God, is editor-in-chief of “The Real Truth” magazine and a renown biblical scholar. He believes that, because of the pagan origins of christmas and of many of it’s traditions, a true christian should avoid celebrating this holiday at all costs. That it is NOT the birthday of Jesus and should never be celebrated as such, as this would be an insult to the birth of Jesus.

http://www.thercg.org/books/ttooc.html

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 2:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• THAT type of Christian gives the rest of us a bad name- just like Pagans, Jews, Atheists, Muslims ect.... we all believe a little differently and no one likes to be told they are not REAL (insert Christian, Jew, Pagan, whatever) here. It was an interesting article and although I agree with probably nothing he wrote, it is his choice for HIM not me to decide if he wants to celebrate Christmas or not. Heck, I am one of those "the more the merrier" Christmas celebrators......if you want to put up a tree and have some fun with your family and celebrate life- call it whatever you like, doesn't matter to me- Christ is part of our Christmas and on that day just like pretty every other day, when I think about it- thats all that really matters!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I wish everyone would just leave the whole "Christmas" debate alone. No one "should" or "shouldn't" celebrate it. If you want to, do, and enjoy it! Everyone needs to mind their own freakin' business. Can't a holiday even be celebrated without a bunch of conflict and whining on here, from all sides? Geez...
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Whatever,,,you guys won't take the Christmas spirit away from me. Ho ho ho and fa la la la la!christmas treewreathkids stocking

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Jesus was not like regular people... petty things would not anger Him in the way we allow ourselves to be angered, and He would NEVER be insulted by a persons devotion towards Him- no matter what it would be. He loves and believes in us, and would be honored and humbled by the fact that people remember His teachings and honor His service the way the do today.

I don't think he would care how the celebrations came about- only that people were taking the time to care and love for each other and honor His Father in the ways He taught us. That is the reason for the season... the same goes for Easter. We don't know the exact date it happened, but we celebrate what He stood for and what He did for us... that allows His memory to continue and to inspire others, hopefully for generations to come.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Witchqueen... YOUR holiday is the Winter Solstice and Yule. Neither celebration falls on the 25th. Get into the spirit, hang up Yule decorations and share merry tidings with your friends, family and neighbors. Nobody 'stole' those dates from you. Celebrate as you do and let the Christians do the same. It takes people from both sides to make it work... you being just as petty and childish about it as the "Christians" that offend you will only create more animosity.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't know any Christian who believe that Jesus was actually born on Dec 25th.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• How is this a insult to Christ?  I don't think he cares what the day is.   I often celebrate my birthdays on different days. My nephew has parents who gave him birthday parties at different times of the year when he was younger, I think he was 12 before he knew his birthday was in April. He didn't care and I don't think Christ does either.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Everyone needs to mind their own freakin' business.
    ---ITA
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• For me, christmas is pagan."

Ok. So? For a lot of people Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• For me, christmas is pagan. It's only the third day into the month and we are having "Dec. is Jesus birthday" shoved down our thoats in every other question. As it happens, nutbar extremist or not, I agree with David Pack on one thing. His observations are hilarious, yes. And, if you want to be a christian, DON'T celebrate christmas--or halloween, or easter, or any of the other holidays that christianity stole from pagans. Don't celebrate it. Don't talk about it. Shut up about it already! It's Jesus fake birthday to you (because NOBODY knows the real birthdate). To me, it's nothing but a little time off!!! - WitchQueen

Um, now you sound no worse than any of the radical, conservative, close minded Christians that insist that Christianity is the only religion.  

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010